Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

POS CVA!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: POS CVA!!!!!!!

ok ive had enough of this cva pos..cva is a great gun..one of the most common ML's around..now me being the "traditional" shooter i am..i dont use sights..its more of a challenge for me not to..i suggest older people yeah its fine to use sights cuz of your sight..but younger ppl..we dont need that advantage..ur takin the easy way out i see it..
Ok - a few questions for you. By saying you are a "traditional" shooter am I to understand you are shooting a flintlock with blackpowder and round balls? If not, where does your defination of "traditional" come from? Is there an official rule book somewhere or is yours a personal defination? Is it only sights (do you mean scopes) that are not traditional or are sabots, primers, inlines, and blackpowder substitutes ruled out also?

Sights (again do you mean scopes) are fine for older people? What is older? 25 is older than 21. 60 is older than 50. At what age do you become older so sights are allowed? What if a 16 year has bad eye sight? I really need to see this rulebook.

I suggest you shoot what you want and don't be concerned about what is "traditional" or at what age is is ok to use a scope or what equpment others may choose to shoot. The only reason I would ever see a need to classify any mz equipment would be to see if it fits in a primitive season - and then the trend seems to be away from them.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:35 PM

its called using ur common sense..if you think your up to the challenge to not use sights..which when i say sights i mean scope..then you shouldnt be using one..if your sight is bad..then you mite need to use a scope..no age bracket here..just plain common sense buddy..
Old 12-21-2004, 07:32 AM

When I go deer hunting,I want as much of an advantage as I can have.If that means putting a scope on my Omega,then I did it.Do I feel bad about it?No,I feel I owe it to the deer to kill them as quick and efficiently as possible.I also can hit a 2 inch circle at 100 yards with it.Without a scope,I don't think I could do that.I also plan on shooting long range so I would rather be prepared than miss or wound an animal and have it suffer.There are always alot of things that can happen with muzzleloaders.I do not feel bad using an inline over guys that use semi-automatic shotguns.I have to be right on with my first shot.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

its not cva's fault cva doesnt even make the sights for their guns i believe its truglo that makes the sights for cva. dont go blaming cva ya dork!!!! the funny thing is not only does cva use those sights but any muzzle loader made by BPI uses them so that means winchester, traditions, and new frontier all use those junky plastic sights. Also those sights just dont fall off unless the screws came loose or you actually broke the rear sight off. you can throw your cva in my trash can if you like I happen to like CVA's after I put a nice set of williams sights on them.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:47 PM

dont go blaming cva ya dork!!!!
For someone with a bible quote in their sig. line , you sure are quick with the insults. Right back at ya ! Good to see you have a strong vocabulary to boot

Also those sights just dont fall off unless the screws came loose or you actually broke the rear sight off
Actually , they do. The rear sight is on a slide , with the screw being in the main piece. So the slide can fall off. At least be sure of your statements before you post as well.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least be sure of your statements before you post as well.
I am sure because I own 2 cva's a firebolt and a hunterbolt and the hunterbolt has those quote Cr@ppy plastic sights ( which i never had a problem with ) the firebolt i put a set of williams sights on it because when i got the gun the rear sight was removed so a pos trashco scope could fit on it, when i got the rifle from my brother he couldnt find the rear sight.....

I know the rear sight is on a slide ramp....... just have to make sure you have the set screw tightened enough and it wont go anywhere....
Old 12-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks RR, glad to be here.
ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

Quigley good to see you here Ol'e buddy.I'll be seeing you here and there.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-23-2004, 07:15 AM

I am sure because I own 2 cva's a firebolt and a hunterbolt
Sorry to hear that
Old 12-24-2004, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

slugman I know you are sorry.........., My CVA's are accurate enough for what i do and are low maintenance and if i drop them scuff them, get them dirty or for that matter break something owell their not expensive could replace either for less then 200 bucks. I've killed several missouri whitetail with the hunterbolt and killed a colorado 5x5 elk last year with the firebolt, Im not sorry at all.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own the cheapest of cheap the, CVA Mountain Stalker and just bought my grandson a CVA Bobcat.POS,not for what I want.Do I have a two hundred yard shot ,no.They both shoot good enough for me.Mine has fiber optic sights because of my eyes,he's learning with the front blade.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.