Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

VIDEO?

Old 11-22-2004, 06:39 PM

Default VIDEO?

Hey guys, is there a video out there anywhere showing the loading and firing of a modern inline muzzle loader? I am also interested in the pyrodex pellets and how those load and fire, are they better than powder and whats the difference between pyrodex, triple 7 and traditional black powder?

Thanks, Metro
Old 11-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: VIDEO?

I am sure there must be videos out there showing how to load and use a black powder rifle. My Knight Wolverine II came with one. Actually it is pretty basic knowledge.

After you have your muzzleloader clean and grease free, loading is very simple. Pyrodex pellets come in 50 grain and 30 grain making many different powder combinations possible. The Pyrodex pellets have two ends to them. One end has some black powder impregnated onto the one end. That end is always loaded first. After you slide the desired amount of pellets down the barrel you then seat the projectile you wish to shoot on top of that.

The difference between Pyrodex, Triple Se7en and Black powder is Pyrodex and Triple Se7en are synthetic powders. Triple Se7en in pellet powder form is equal in strength to Pyrodex. Pyrodex is equal in strength to Black Powder. Triple Se7en in loose powder form is 15% stronger then Pyrodex or Black Powder. The other difference is the degree of fowling you will encounter and how you clean it up. Black powder has the lowest flash point of all powders to my understanding but also the worst fowling. Triple Se7en on the other hand can be cleaned up with simple water. Pyrodex is the middle of the road per say on fowling, but like all powders, there is fowling and it must be swabbed from the barrel.

I personally think your better off shooting powders in loose form. Just be sure and swab between shots. It will help in the loading of the next projectile......
Old 11-22-2004, 08:59 PM

Default RE: VIDEO?

I should have elaborated, I meant a video clip online. Cabellas has one for black powder pistols on their site.

Metro