Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight

Old 08-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Spike

Default Knight

Just wondering if anybody has any problems with Knight. I am looking to buy the Disc Elite. Any input would be great. Thanks
Old 08-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Knight

Knight rifles are a great rifle. I don't have the disc but I have the wolverine and it is a good shooting rifle no doubt... Mine is one of them that shoots the #11 caps and ignition is not a problem at all.. think of the disc with the 209 primers!! It has to be almost as fast as any centerfire out there for ignition.

My knight is a sabot shooter. Conicals and the knight do not seem to agree although I am testing some different ones right now and I am sure I will find one that it likes. I have not tried powerbelts because I save them for the CVA.

Another good rifle out there is the Omega. You might want to look at that. Made by Thompson Center. I have read some great things about it, their warranty is second to none, and they would be near the same price if you shop around..
Old 08-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with cayugad............................my Knight USAK has been an excellent rifle for me - Shoots so good I've never had a desire to look for a "better" gun.

One thing about Knights - If you want to shoot super light, superfast bullets.....................don't go with the Knight. Due to their bore construction, Knights tend to get their best accuracy with heavier bullets (300gr & up) not pushed at outrageous speeds.

For instance, 80gr of 777 with 300gr sabots or 90gr of 777 with 350gr sabots can consistently cut 1" groups for me.........................while I was lucky to hit paper with 240gr sabots.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Spike

Mark, What yardage were you shooting?
Old 08-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Real nice choice! The only two things that would stop me from buying this fine rifle are...
1) I prefer the break-actions over bolt-actions because less moving parts means less wear & tear plus the break-actions like the Knight Revolution and the T/C Omega are easier to clean.
2) The Disc Elite does not come with open sights. I prefer open sights on all my rifles. All mine that are scoped have open sights & see-thru rings.

Here's a nice review on the Knight Disc Elite

Disc Elite Review By Randy Wakeman
Old 08-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Spike

I was looking for one without any open sights because I wanted to put a scope on it. I don't want the sights getting in the way, and the gun would just look better.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:45 PM

I think you'll like the Elite. I have the Disc Extreme which is the Elite's sister gun exept it has sights (not mine anymore), and lacks the improved recoil lug. They're not hard to clean up, just take a few more minutes is all.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best price I found for the composite-blued is $403.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

Have shot a lot of muzzleloaders over the years and my experience the knight has been the easiest of any of them to get to shoot good.I have 6 muzzleloaders now only one knight mK85 that I have had since it came out,and it shoots very good.Haven't shot any heavy bullets (above 250 grs) since I shot sidelocks.Haven't had any problem shooting light bullets(250 and under) in any of the knights I have had,one of my favorite bullets in my ruger and a knight I used to have was a 185 gr nosler,it would allmost take a deers head off.
Had a knight 45 cal disc,worked up a load using the 225 gr power belt took a deer @155 yds with it.Sold it to my brother he took 2 this past year with it using the 195 gr powerbelt.
Since the sst have come out I use them,they work on a deer and shoot accurately too.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:57 AM
bigcountry

I got the elite. Excellent shooter. Best muzzleloader I have ever had. I have a t/c hawken, knight wolverine (when they first came out), and an elite.

Last week, I shot way less than 2" groups at 100 yards using 3- 50gr 777 pellets with 240gr .45 XTP mags. This was using subbases due to the hot load. I didn't do this once but three times. I am a believer.

Only problem I have with my elite, is the bedding is funny. I have over 1/4" gap in the forearm. I had my gunsmith take this out and still have it free floated. But a freind picked it up for me at an knight auction for less than 200 dollars. So a little glass was well worth it.

I like the elite cause of the no sights, and contoured barrel.

Quick Reply: Knight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.