Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Manuals, tools, shopping list???? >

Manuals, tools, shopping list????

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Manuals, tools, shopping list????

Old 02-15-2002, 09:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Manuals, tools, shopping list????

Well I am going to go and buy the Knight LK-93 tonight and was wondering if they do not have the manual and tools what tools will I need and is the only place to get the manual from Knight? Also what kind of powder, wadding, etc. I should get. I have never owned a blackpowder before so I have just a basic idea of what to get.

The Tazman
Old 02-15-2002, 11:31 AM
Spike

Default RE: Manuals, tools, shopping list????

Taz,
Look into a rifle/starter kit. I think it comes with everthing you need but powder. There's a video in the kit that explains everthing. Pyrodex Select is my propellant of choice.
Go to:

http://www.knightrifles.com/store_pr...TOKEN=64908212

Good Luck

Edited by - big_g270 on 02/15/2002 12:41:31
Old 02-15-2002, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Manuals, tools, shopping list????

An in-line starter kit would be a good idea. Here are some peices to look for in a kit or if bought separately:

bullet starter (preferably with switchable tips for use with ball, bullet, or hollow points)

Primer capper
nipple pick
cleaning jag
bronze cleaning brush (Knight also makes a brush set that cleans everything on the gun - I highly recommend it)
breech grease (teflon grease)
2 1/2 round cleaning patches
powder flask
powder measure
of course, powder & primers (I prefer Cleanshot ffg powder - MUCH cleaner than pyrodex and if this gun uses #11 percussion caps, get the CCI #11 Magnum caps - they're much more dependable than the regulars or the Remingtons)

You can get cleaning solvent as well if you wish - personally I use a 50/50 mix of Simple Green & water.

Most of the Knight manuals are pretty generic, so if you can't get a manual, e-mail me and I'll copy mine for you (I could copy their instruction video as well).