Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Broken or Crushed Pellets >

Broken or Crushed Pellets

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Broken or Crushed Pellets

Old 01-04-2004, 08:14 AM

Default Broken or Crushed Pellets

I haven't used pellets since the Pyrodex pellets first came out BUT was considering the 777 pellets for my new Encore 209x50.
I remember when I used the pyrodex pellets I accidently crushed them when seating my bullet a few times and had some change in my accuracy. Now that was many years ago and I was using #11 caps. I was wondering if this still happens even with the 209 primers.
I am still deciding if i am going to use the 777 pellets or loose powder.
Thanks in advance for the help!!!!
Encore28
Old 01-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Broken or Crushed Pellets

Encore I did the same years ago with Pyro pellets and noticed a slight change in POI, I would assume the same can be said for T7 or 209. Though the POI shift was marginal and it is something that rarely happens so I wouldn't worry to much about it or make it part of your desicion. However since you shoot loose now, I can't see why you wouldn't do the same with T7. It allows you to tweak the load combo, some say it is more potent than the pellet form(so higher velocity with less) and it is CHEAPER. Personally I would suggest sticking with the loose in T7. I used the pellets this year b/c of time, availability, etc but will be going back to loose for next fall with T7 for reasons I stated above.

Good Luck