Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

where....

Old 12-22-2003, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default where....

where can i get a good barrel and a lock for my tc 50 cal hawken...its a flinter now but i want it to be a percussion on them days when the weathers a little foul......just so i can get a little better ignition....all i gota buy is a barrel and a lock right?? or do i need a new gun to do this?? if not where can i get a good barrel and lock? who makes good barrels and locks? green mountain makes barrels...i heard they are good...any truth? they make a nice fast twist that id like....but who makes good locks??? also i need a new frizzen for my flinter...mines all gouged up and needs replaced....who makes a good frizzen that will spark really good??? thanx alot.....i know about rmcsports.com but dont know actually makers and whats good and wahts junk....any other sites are welcome...thanx alot
Old 12-22-2003, 03:19 PM

Default RE: where....

MAUSER check out e bay for a used or sometimes new barrel and lock.
Green mountain make an excellent fast twist barrel for your gun.Cabeals has them for sale new for about $139.00 drop in green barrel.
On the lock if you like just send it back to t/c they will repair it free of charge make sure you enclose a letter saying the lock is unreliable .They will replace the frizzen and they also have upgraded there touch hole for the flinter .
Old 12-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/catalog...erRifleBarrels
Old 12-22-2003, 07:46 PM

Mauser
You may be able to buy a percussion gun cheaper than buying a barrel, lock etc (if this is even achievable). Save some $$ over the Winter and get one this coming Spring or Summer. Just my humble opinion........................
Encore28
P.S.---You may be better served by an inline for nasty weather. A friend of mine has a CVA Optima and loves it AND it was very inexpensive. Just a thought.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

im not all about the inlines.....why not just take a rifle out??? i love the looks of my hawken...heck the only time ill use it is in our oct doe hunt if we have it again and maybe in rifle season if im bored with the mauser....inlines are great for states where you cant use a real rifle.....but here BP hunting is more or less fun....optional....you can use a center fire if you want.....if i lived in a stae where it was muzzleloader or slug only you know id be toting a nice inline....but not here in PA.....even a percussion is pushing it for me...but id kick myself if im messing around one day in regular rifle season and have the flinter and a buck comes and i have a misfire....but i can still have fun with a percussion....i dont know....i really think a barrel and lock will be cheaper then a new tc hawken new or used.....how much does a lock go for?? thanx guys.......loneowlf....thanx for the advice......TC can defiently deal with my gun.....the frizzen is pretty bad....and i think the geometry is bad....the hammer kinda points downward....im new to flinting and all but i dont know....im having a heck of a time finding flints for it...but the guy beside me needs flints for the same gun and his will fit...the ones i get wont...after jan 10th ill send it to them....then ill have my sights put on and sling put on so when i get it all back its like a new gun lol.....thanx alot
Old 12-23-2003, 02:30 AM

mause here is a deal for you I don't know if it still for sale ,seem the guy has two t/c renegades 54cal.sidelocks in percussion one I was really interested in was a factory built.
He e mailed me picture on the t/c renegade the factory gun was mint,think we were to close the deal at $160.00 that included shipping here the link below ,like I said it may be avaiable
http://www.dream-tool.net/tools/mess...post+208+index
Old 12-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats a sweet deal......but dont you hate good deals at the wrong time??? im not ready to buy yet.....just getting my sources filed away so when i get the cash laying around i can buy it.......that stinx.....i have to put a cd player in my car(grama is giving me money for it for xmas and my uncles going to order and install if before he leaves for flordia in about 10 days.....so i cant wait on that) and i had a squirrel in the freezer for a long time i gota get mounted....then its onto working on the muzzleloader......thanx alot though......thats a pretty sweet deal.......