HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - where....
Thread: where....
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 09:18 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: where....

im not all about the inlines.....why not just take a rifle out??? i love the looks of my hawken...heck the only time ill use it is in our oct doe hunt if we have it again and maybe in rifle season if im bored with the mauser....inlines are great for states where you cant use a real rifle.....but here BP hunting is more or less fun....optional....you can use a center fire if you want.....if i lived in a stae where it was muzzleloader or slug only you know id be toting a nice inline....but not here in PA.....even a percussion is pushing it for me...but id kick myself if im messing around one day in regular rifle season and have the flinter and a buck comes and i have a misfire....but i can still have fun with a percussion....i dont know....i really think a barrel and lock will be cheaper then a new tc hawken new or used.....how much does a lock go for?? thanx guys.......loneowlf....thanx for the advice......TC can defiently deal with my gun.....the frizzen is pretty bad....and i think the geometry is bad....the hammer kinda points downward....im new to flinting and all but i dont know....im having a heck of a time finding flints for it...but the guy beside me needs flints for the same gun and his will fit...the ones i get wont...after jan 10th ill send it to them....then ill have my sights put on and sling put on so when i get it all back its like a new gun lol.....thanx alot