Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New Optima V2 nitrided/cerakoted >

New Optima V2 nitrided/cerakoted

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Optima V2 nitrided/cerakoted

Old 12-06-2022, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Optima V2 nitrided/cerakoted

I keep my weapons for quite a while. However, I finally broke down and bought the above ML in 50 caliber. In the past, I've shot the Precision Rifle 220 grain Dead Centers and 240 grain Extreme Elites with 80 grains of 777 ffg powder in my Knight LK-93, 1:28 twist barrel. Both shoot very well. Is there any reason I shouldn't start with these for this gun? All my shots will be less than 100 yards and more likely 0-50 yards in the area I hunt. I prefer all lead bullets and their performance on the deer I have shot has been outstanding. I'm not concerned about the cost of the Precision Rifle bullets and will very likely be staying with them.

My older (20 years old maybe?) Knight LK-93 is being gifted to my nephews for their use. I updated it this year to the 209 conversion so it will serve them well until they decide if it's something they would like to pursue.

I am interested in hearing what others with the Optima V2 are shooting accurately out of their guns. Thanks Folks.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

No reason to change unless your CVA doesn't like it. My Accura .50 loves bullets in around 300 gr. Especially Barnes 290 gr and 295 gr TMZs and TEZs with 80 gr of Alliant Black MZ. (discontinued).
Old 12-17-2022, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Knights generally have a tighter bore than CVAs. You may only need to change the plastic sabots of your Precision bullets to accommodate the CVA bore. Places like Harvester and MMP have different thickness of sabots they make. Takes a whole five minutes at either website to find a thicker sabot (if necessary).

Congrsts on that new, sweet ML. I'm jealous.....lol

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 12-17-2022 at 08:07 AM.