Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
.54 Cal Left-Handed Hawken >

.54 Cal Left-Handed Hawken

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

.54 Cal Left-Handed Hawken

Old 11-22-2022, 10:59 AM
Spike

Default .54 Cal Left-Handed Hawken

I have been looking for a .54 cal Hawken type muzzleloader for my son for a while, but it has been tough. I have also preferred left-handed but was willing to settle for right-handed. As everyone knows muzzleloaders are tough to find in general, let alone .54 cal and left-handed. I registered with muzzle-loaders.com a while back and yesterday they notified me that they had some in stock and I was able to purchase a Left Hand Investarm™ Bridger Hawken Rifle - .54 Cal Percussion today. Just in time so that my son can hunt the traditional muzzleloader deer/elk hunt in Montana in a couple weeks.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good for you. As a fellow southpaw I feel your pain. It can be really tough living in a right handed world. I had a heck of a time trying to find a left handed hammer and saw until a nice gentleman at Lowes helped me out!
Old 11-24-2022, 03:36 AM
Typical Buck

I just acquired a left handed 50cal Tc Renegade. I’ve yet to shoot it, but I wish I could also find a 54 cal bbl for it.
Old 12-19-2022, 04:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by edmehlig
I just acquired a left handed 50cal Tc Renegade. I’ve yet to shoot it, but I wish I could also find a 54 cal bbl for it.
tha should be easy to do Ed. Its just a 1/4-20(or28) hole and thread. Just drill a hole on the opposite side and plug the original.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

That's an idea, but not having the proper tools etc. I may opt to have a reliable gunsmith do it for me.