Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Shooting in the Rock Pit >

Shooting in the Rock Pit

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shooting in the Rock Pit

Old 09-17-2021, 08:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Shooting in the Rock Pit

Finally!!! the weather here changed enough I could finally get out to do some shooting. We have a have a terribly dry and hot summer, yesterday the temperature drop into the 70's, actually 66* when I left the house and made the drive to the pit.

Well anyway finally grabbed the 45 Knight Super DISC (FT) and all the stuff I needed and headed out. I was really worried because of my late start that someone else might be there and have the pit tied up... but luck was with me nobody...

Nothing really important to report but thought I would provide my shooting attempt.

This was more or less a trip to check the rifle for the upcoming rifle season here in Idaho. So the trip wasn't to do a lot of shooting just to see if the rifle would hit where it was pointed.

Set up 5 clays on the basalt wall, set up the shooting bench and began shooting! This pic shows a composite of the event.

After this trip I will not be able to blame the rifle if I were to miss.

Old 09-19-2021, 09:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Glad you had a good outing friend. I'll be taking my grandson out during the early ML season. It is an anterless only season and he got a tag this year. This is his first time hunting with a ML.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Glad you had a good outing friend. I'll be taking my grandson out during the early ML season. It is an anterless only season and he got a tag this year. This is his first time hunting with a ML.
Gosh I really hope you guys have a great hunting season... I am always thrilled when the younger generation gets involved in hunting. Which rifle will he be using?
Old 09-19-2021, 04:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Gosh I really hope you guys have a great hunting season... I am always thrilled when the younger generation gets involved in hunting. Which rifle will he be using?
He'll be using my Encore Pro Hunter .45 cal. Load is 80 gr of Goex FFFg under a Hornady 200 gr 10mm XTP in a blue Harvester CR sabot. Really accurate and a proven deer killer.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

yes, I bet it is really good on deer!