Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Ohio muzzleloading season >

Ohio muzzleloading season

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ohio muzzleloading season

Old 12-31-2019, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ohio muzzleloading season

well the muzzleloader season is almost here jan 4 thru jan 7 2020. love this season . not alot of hunters out & love that 1 shot challenge .
Old 12-31-2019, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Bummer you only get three days to muzzleloader hunt. In VA. we get two weeks early ML season in November, an three weeks late December to Jan. 4th. I'm tagged out, killed five deer (spike/8 point/ three does) with my muzzleloaders this season. Happy New Year!!
Old 12-31-2019, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

thanks toy truck it is actually 4 days jan 4 thru the 7 . yeah i know i wish we still had a early muzzy season in oct . but that has been gone for about 8 to 10 yrs now. was great hunting in nice weather . but i'll take the 4 days in jan.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, my math wasn't too good...Weather here is supposed to be rain an windy through Sunday then cold. I hate windy days, but sometimes we have no choice. Hope you get a big one! How does your ML season work, use remaining tags? Good Luck!!
Old 01-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

toy truck hey it's no big deal on the math. i myself sometimes have to use my fingers & toes to count properly lol here in ohio yes you use your existing tags no special muzzle loader stamps or tags. you are aloud 6 deer in a year but only 1 antlered deer. the most you can take in my county is 3 & then i can take up to 3 other deer in different counties. depending how many deer per that county. i have only twice killed 6 deer per year. some years 3 some years 2 & etc. but this year i have yet tagged any deer. first time in twenty years that i was skunked during gun season.oh i could of killed a spike on opening day & or orphaned a mama from her young ones . but let her walk & just point my gun at her & silently said bang.but have had my eye on two really nice bucks kinda got selective this year.but good luck to ya for the remainder of the season. the weather really only looks to be good for sunday. sat showing 90% rain but turning to snow late in the afternoon. monday same thing & tues showing some flurries in the afternoon.but i will keep dry in a ground blind .
Old 01-05-2020, 04:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tom your late season runs concurrent with our primitive season here in PA. But I am seriously considering coming out there during either archery or rifle. Good luck on your hunt.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

bronko you are always welcome to come out for whatever season it is . hope your foot or ankle gets better
Old 01-08-2020, 02:52 AM
Typical Buck

well the season is over & finally got a doe on tuesday the last day. seen 5 of them &but could not get a shot but turned around & there was a lone doe . will update when the final totals are out . i don't expect to see no records broken only if they are the lowest set
Old 01-09-2020, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

well the final tally is in for the 2020 muzzleloader season only 10'615 deer were killed & pervious year total was 14,210 were taken then that,s a total of minus 3595 deer. that,s a big difference . aprox a 28% drop. lorain count had a previous count of 139 & it dropped to 106 deer taken that,s a 25% percent drop