Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Looking for Advice >

Looking for Advice

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Looking for Advice

Old 11-04-2003, 05:03 PM

Default RE: Looking for Advice

I want to thank everyone for all the input, my friend has a ML and is going to let me shoot it to see if I like it. I wasn' t planning on using it this season for hunting anyway, like to shoot, sight in, and practice before I hunt with any weapon.
I will definately check out all the links, hopefully I can narrow it down to just one!!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 05:45 AM

Mike,

That' s great! Also I did check out the NH Game Commssion website yesterday and read about what they describe as legal muzzleloaders and inlines are legal during muzzleloading season.

Good Luck finding the gun you want.

Tomster

Old 11-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cupcake...Nice post...he' s one lucky guy. I also hunt at home here in NH with a M/L as well as bow and rifle. As was stated before the M/L season is on-going and will end the 11th or the day before Opening Day for rifle. I think prehaps it' s kinda late to get a new M/L to hunt this year. I agree with the above post regarding the Thompson Center (T/C) Black Diamond. NHDemon, I have been using one for the last three yrs and tagged my first buck with it two yrs ago. It has everything you want and is truly a fine, accurate weapon. I would encourage anyone to shoot one of these.The company is located in Rochester NH. Enjoy the rest of this current season as well as Opening Day when you can bring out your .308. Good Luck!! Jimmy
Old 11-05-2003, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Another vote for the Black Diamond. I have one and it is the equal in accuracy at 100 yards to all of my centerfire rifles. Its common to shoot 1 1/2 inch groups even without cleaning between shots. For the money they can' t be beat. You also just can' t go wrong with the Knight rifles. I don' t have one but my hunting partner has one of the early disc rifles. It is awsome shooting the Barnes X muzzle loader bullets. The inlines sure take a lot of the hassle out of muzzle loader shooting. Much easier to clean and everything. When I was a younger guy that did not mean as much as it does now.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:31 PM

Thanks so much for all the posts, I am getting way too excited for Christmas now!! I will definately check out as many as I can, and look forward to breaking in the new ML for next season. We' ll keep ya posted on the outcome.
Thanks again,
Mike
Old 11-06-2003, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m another Black Diamond fan, have one of the XR (extended range) models with the 26 inch barrel. Definitely, I would go for the stainless barrel. I have one and have never had a problem. I also shoot T7 powder, which isn' t corrosive. I hear lots of rust/pitting horror stories, but with stainless and T7, no problems as of yet. If I was to buy my gun over again, the only second thought I would have is whether or not to go with the Omega or teh Black Diamond, but I strongly recommend stainless.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:13 PM

Cupcake,

I would drop dead if my wife bought me a gun, let alone something I would enjoy! That' s terrific, I recently purchased a traditions 209 in-line with a 4X scope for 172.00 dollars. It' s a 50. Caliber, I use 100 grain pyrodex pellets, powerbelt bullets 245 grain and shotgun primers. The ammo can be purchased by your husband or you can ask the person at " wherever" you purchase? Hope this helps you! Take care and good luck shopping!

Sean
Old 11-09-2003, 06:37 PM

Sean,

Thanks for the response... I am hoping to get one soon... but still have not decided on one... Now if I can just get him to let me shoot it once I give it to him...

thanks again for your advice
cupcake
Old 11-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cupcake, let me get this right, 2 years ago you bought your hubby a .308, this year you want to get him a ML, any chance, do you have a single sister?
Old 11-10-2003, 05:16 AM

Yes you have it correct... And no I don' t have a sister

I see how happy it makes him... and if I can add to that... why not... I have even tried hunting with him... but I don' t find it that enjoyable.. I enjoy target shooting but I don' t know if I could ever gut anything...

Quick Reply: Looking for Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.