Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
versatility in Muzzleloading >

versatility in Muzzleloading

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

versatility in Muzzleloading

Old 06-22-2018, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default versatility in Muzzleloading

The more versatile a gun the better , at least that’s what I think . I know many guns need to have a load worked up to achieve maximum accuracy. That’s pretty normal . If a gun offers more options ,load wise ,then so much the better . Which is why I still like my old 45 1:20 knights .

For example last range session I was able to achieve great accuracy with both Ed’s 465 gr conical and with a 530 gr conical .

I was also able to achieve great accuracy with PR 260 dead center saboted bullets .

And to go one step further I had great accuracy shooting Parker 270 gr Emax sabotless.

Lead , sabots or sabotless in my opinion is great versatility.

I also can achieve excellent results with triple 7 , pyrodex or Blackhorn . So since my options greatly exceed the one gun specific load so common , I readily admit I really enjoy my old 1:20 Knight .
Attached Thumbnails versatility in Muzzleloading-9ff64d7d-72d5-417b-a136-e230595caef1.jpeg  
Old 06-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
The more versatile a gun the better , at least that’s what I think . I know many guns need to have a load worked up to achieve maximum accuracy. That’s pretty normal . If a gun offers more options ,load wise ,then so much the better . Which is why I still like my old 45 1:20 knights .

For example last range session I was able to achieve great accuracy with both Ed’s 465 gr conical and with a 530 gr conical .

I was also able to achieve great accuracy with PR 260 dead center saboted bullets .

And to go one step further I had great accuracy shooting Parker 270 gr Emax sabotless.

Lead , sabots or sabotless in my opinion is great versatility.

I also can achieve excellent results with triple 7 , pyrodex or Blackhorn . So since my options greatly exceed the one gun specific load so common , I readily admit I really enjoy my old 1:20 Knight .
Exactly - versitility is huge... And what you are showing is exactly why I like the rifle. It really doesn't matter what I shoot if it fits the bore nor what the powder charge is (as long as it is reasonable) the rifle will shoot them just fine!
I had three of the 1-20 down to two now but they are impressive!
Actually I could say the the same thing about my 50's also - If it will fit they will shoot it!