Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

OT............

Old 03-16-2018, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default OT............

For some reason, my anti-virus is blocking what appears to be a number of different virus hacking attempts when on this site. Two different blocks this morning. Good reason to keep my anti-virus protection updated.....

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 03-16-2018, 07:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
For some reason, my anti-virus is blocking what appears to be a number of different virus hacking attempts when on this site. Two different blocks this morning. Good reason to keep my anti-virus protection updated.....

Anyone else experiencing this?
I am not getting any notices with my anti-virus. If that matters. If you are getting them - then it has raise the level of anxiety - especially in today's world.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:45 AM
Banned

russians did it
Old 03-16-2018, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
russians did it
That's most likely the way things are being portrayed.

Originally Posted by sabotloader
I am not getting any notices with my anti-virus. If that matters. If you are getting them - then it has raise the level of anxiety - especially in today's world.
It seems "flash player", or a variant of, wants to download only from this site. Then there's another that I don't remember. Yup, anxiety
Old 03-18-2018, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

What antivirus do you have BA?
I've used them-all over the years - free ones too! My surfing here is done via Dell desktop computer.

Just recently decided to try the new Windows 10 (default) Windows Defender. In the background, I keep two free programs and run scans with them bi-weekly. They SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes..... usually always catching 10 or-more unwanted, stored adwares.... no big deal.

Been about a month now and these-3 in working combination will probably serve me-well, since I only visit safe, average-Joe news/sports websites and messageboards that feature discussions on guns, major league baseball and my favorite..... bobtheilguy.

I update Adobe Flashplayer manually. I never keep it's Automatic Updates feature activated. I do the same with Mozilla Firefox updates - checking both every two weeks ..... never longer. I use a solid-gold email provider in GMail and never open unknown attachments or spam/junk emails.

Life is good on the interweb these days.

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 03-18-2018 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
What antivirus do you have BA?
I've used them-all over the years - free ones too! My surfing here is done via Dell desktop computer.

Just recently decided to try the new Windows 10 (default) Windows Defender. In the background, I keep two free programs and run scans with them bi-weekly. They SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes..... usually always catching 10 or-more unwanted, stored adwares.... no big deal.

Been about a month now and these-3 in working combination will probably serve me-well, since I only visit safe, average-Joe news/sports websites and messageboards that feature discussions on guns, major league baseball and my favorite..... bobtheilguy.

I update Adobe Flashplayer manually. I never keep it's Automatic Updates feature activated. I do the same with Mozilla Firefox updates - checking both every two weeks ..... never longer. I use a solid-gold email provider in GMail and never open unknown attachments or spam/junk emails.

Life is good on the interweb these days.
I've always used Norton which has served me very well over the years. I have auto updates working in Norton, but also manually update daily. Delete all internet files daily. I use a laptop and keep it CLEAN. Its just sometimes the viruses attach themselves to any web site or page, but I'm glad Norton points them out and deletes or prevents them.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Norton's end user products are junk...Sorry but working in the IT field for over 25years ive seen more infected PCs using Norton than anything else. Its one of the worst for actually deleting the threats even if it finds them.

Their corporate products are much better. Its called Endpoint and sold under the Symantec name instead. https://www.symantec.com/products/endpoint-protection

Get a free version of Malwarebytes and/or SuperAntiSpyware. Install them in freeware mode. NOT THE FREE TRIAL. Run one of them and see what they find. The freeware versions are just a scanner/remover. It wont run all the time. You might be surprised.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Ive had very good results with Emsisoft's Emergency Kit also. This one can even be used from a thumbdrive. You extract it into a folder and run it from there. It installs nothing into Windows but updates are slow.
https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/
https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/download/

Last edited by Gm54-120; 03-18-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Downloaded Malwarebytes and ran it. Zero "0" issues detected.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I see the blackberrygirls made it, along with someone from Japan.

Someone needs to get rid of them..........
Old 03-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Banned

Avast does a good job at my end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.