Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Disc .50 pistol >

Knight Disc .50 pistol

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Disc .50 pistol

Old 02-25-2018, 06:21 PM
Spike

Default Knight Disc .50 pistol

Bought a old Knight orange Disc rifle from Hal on MM forum and converted it to the red plastic disc, decided I really didnt need another rifle so sent barrel to Bestill and had him cut/crown it to 14 in.. I cut stock off right behind thumbhole and made it flat so gun can be set on rail of tree stand or held against body to load unlike my Optima which is a pain as the stock always wants to roll to the side when pushing load down bore.
If this turns out to be as accurate as I think it will the Optima is going to find a new home. It weighs a tenth of a pound more then the Optima did scoped so not a big deal, plus the thumbhole feels great.
Attached Thumbnails Knight Disc .50 pistol-20180224_120731.jpg   Knight Disc .50 pistol-20180224_121049.jpg  
Old 02-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Interesting. I'm interested in reading how it performs.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Looks weird to me but what do I know? Sounded like a good candidate for a Bestill rebarrel to a 1:20 Brux barrel to keep it a rifle. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So if the OP likes it that's all that matters.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

very interesting
Old 02-26-2018, 07:41 PM
Spike

Default barrel

Jeff told me he prefers to no longer work on Knights..

Originally Posted by Omega45
Looks weird to me but what do I know? Sounded like a good candidate for a Bestill rebarrel to a 1:20 Brux barrel to keep it a rifle. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So if the OP likes it that's all that matters.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:52 PM
Spike

Default beauty

Gun wasn't built to be pretty, it was made to be functional easy to use hunting pistol..
Jeff(Bestill) is building me a custom .32 inline on Omega action with Walnut stock, fleur de lis stippling, laser engraving, fore end cap and black butt cap. It will be pretty and functional.

Originally Posted by Omega45