Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
This Midwest winter...... >

This Midwest winter......

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

This Midwest winter......

Old 02-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Sunny here today after a few days of on and off rain. Just checked the thermometer on my back deck - 79.9⁰ (in the shade).
Yes my friend that is nice for you now.But when I am enjoying those temps here this spring and summer you,ll be sweltering in your miserable heat and humidity.I,d rather spend winters in the house more because of the winter than to spend my summers inside because of the heat like you all do.My wifes relatives are from the Alexandria,La.area and they tell us about their blast furnance torturing summers all the time and they have been livin their for generations.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Good Ole Boy, you're right that our June/July/August heat and humidity is pretty miserable. I hardly ever go shooting during those months. But hitting the marsh at daybreak, fishing to around 10 a.m., and spending the rest of the day in an Air Conditioned environment ain't all that bad a life. If God didn't want us to be happy in the south He wouldn't have given us early morning breezes and air conditioned vehicles.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well here in AR we get a bit of both but not any excessive amounts can do fishing year round in a boat bow hunt from Sept. to Feb. and shoot all year, that's why I moved here from a place that got deep snow and way to cold.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Well Good Ole Boy, you're right that our June/July/August heat and humidity is pretty miserable. I hardly ever go shooting during those months. But hitting the marsh at daybreak, fishing to around 10 a.m., and spending the rest of the day in an Air Conditioned environment ain't all that bad a life. If God didn't want us to be happy in the south He wouldn't have given us early morning breezes and air conditioned vehicles.
Ya,just messin with ya.Like you said,everything has to be done early in the day.