Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Time to put the muzzleloader to work! >

Time to put the muzzleloader to work!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Time to put the muzzleloader to work!

Old 01-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

seen 4 deer late afternoon. saw 1 guy with a beautiful 10 pt er. 6 on one side & 4 on the other said he saw him@ 730 am but did'nt get a shot @ him until noon.the 4 i saw was momma & 3 babies did'nt have the heart to shot any of them the 3 little ones could not have weighed more than 70 lbs. layed out some more corn tonite after legal shooting time .
Old 01-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

I saw some doe tonight. The temps this afternoon sure felt allot better.

-Jake
Old 01-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

worst day of my life muzzleloading hunting . took a beating. nothing but snow rain & ice & nobody was out & while trying to walk it was 2 to 3 feet deep. well tomorrow is the last day of muzzy season
Old 01-10-2018, 02:19 AM
Typical Buck

well yesterday was the last day & was out again. seen nothing all day until 5pm& @ 200 yrds mr.big steps out & i can't shoot him due to buck tag is already filled& about a minute later 5 does step out @ about 100 yrds . needless to say up came the muzzleloader & bam shot goes off & 4 doe take off & 1 laying there drt. well that it for me in ohio. legally have taken 6 deer
Old 01-10-2018, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's good news!

_
Old 01-11-2018, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Nothing on the last day.

I have a special draw hunt on January 26th at a local waterfowl preserve. Hoping to make some smoke that day. I'll update the thread after that hunt!

-Jake
Old 01-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
well yesterday was the last day & was out again. seen nothing all day until 5pm& @ 200 yrds mr.big steps out & i can't shoot him due to buck tag is already filled& about a minute later 5 does step out @ about 100 yrds . needless to say up came the muzzleloader & bam shot goes off & 4 doe take off & 1 laying there drt. well that it for me in ohio. legally have taken 6 deer
Nice work!! 6 is a good pile of meat!

The necks in my area would have shot him. They don't care about tags and rules.
I've hunted late ML a few times in deep snow. Shot a big doe once that slid about 150yds down a ridge after I shot her. Looked like a seal on national geographic - sliding down like she planned it
Old 01-12-2018, 03:58 AM
Typical Buck

thanks i can't remember the last time i bought beef in a store. maybe 6-7years ago. yes i love venison i get alot done after #3 deer .trail baloney/ hot dogs/ sausage/kielbasa/smokies.
bocajnala good luck @ mosquito. let us know how you do