Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Interesting and well written article. >

Interesting and well written article.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Interesting and well written article.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
inline/talent do not belong in the same sentence
Results at Friendship indicate otherwise
Especially at 500 yards
Old 06-28-2017, 03:07 PM
Spike

Still waiting my magazine...
From the topic, seems the article is sufficient in it's point - especially from someone who's written articles for MB for 3 decades.

badbowbend2 - I saw youngsters shooting all week, can't help but wonder who's discouraged in-line shooters as I've been at every match.

Gm-54 is completely off the mark.
The Ped Gibbs, since it came out in 2001 or 2003 has been a great asset to LRML shooting, YES it's off the shelf and can compete. One won Oak Ridge 1000 yard match this year (and previous years) and holds the LR AGG OO record at the NMLRA - Joe Hill (current NMLRA President) is the record holder.

Primitive - that definition is across the creek at a completely different range/area. Round ball matches encompass most of the NMLRA rifle range matches. Slug, LR silhouette and Schuetzen and In-line are the only conical rifle matches that I can recall.

Don't think the 'old guard' is worried as much about in-lines themselves as they are some dumb A$$ doing something stupid on the firing line.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with BarnesAddict most of the people(younger/newer at shooting) at my club go to a bass pro type place or gun store they sell them a inline tell them use these primers/pellets/bullets and your all set, and for the most part they are. we need to hope these people get into black powder shooting and move into side locks, the history of it all.thats what makes this sight so great to me you guys have years of knowledge and pass it along. alot of the sports are having the same problems i'm one of the youngest guys in a flyfishing club I'm 56
Old 06-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
i'm one of the youngest guys in a flyfishing club I'm 56
oh yea. Now you are talking. other than muzzleloaders and bow hunting Fly fishing and tying flies are my favorite things to do. Around here I think I am the only one that ties flies Especially reverse hackle Tenkara type flies
Old 06-28-2017, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
oh yea. Now you are talking. other than muzzleloaders and bow hunting Fly fishing and tying flies are my favorite things to do. Around here I think I am the only one that ties flies Especially reverse hackle Tenkara type flies
Not really. I'm more passionate about fly fishing than hunting. I used to tie flies for a shop. That sort of burned me out on it. I only tie what I need now.

If you meant by around here where you live. Never mind.