Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Can't shoot

Old 05-31-2017, 02:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Can't shoot

This weather here in PA is ridiculous. It seems like its been raining forever and going to rain right up an through the weekend! Between the weather and Dr. appointments how is a guy supposed to get any shooting in?
All I can do in my spare time is cast bullets!
Old 05-31-2017, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're not the only one that can't shoot
Although here in northern MI we've had weather to shoot, the docs won't let me shoot until one of my medical conditions is resolved. Hopefully tomorrow! At least if they get that taken care of, I can shoot. The range is dry so we can drive to the targets and not have to walk, which is the second medical issue needing resolution, scoping.
"Old age is golden. They just don't tell you its fool's gold".
Old 05-31-2017, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

I hear ya Bronko. Plus I just had surgery on my right shoulder so I can't shoot for awhile. Like you the only thing I can do if I'm careful is to cast some bullets.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same pattern here in VA. I tried to shoot last weekend... ended up only getting 8 shots in. Only one time was there enough break in the weather to give it a shot. Soon the rains will be gone.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love to shoot when its raining. Nobody ever comes to the range
Old 05-31-2017, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lot's of rain down this way also. Grass in yard getting high but ground is too soft to cut. I'm thinking about putting pontoons on my lawnmower.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stop your whining and go shoot.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Same pattern here in VA. I tried to shoot last weekend... ended up only getting 8 shots in. Only one time was there enough break in the weather to give it a shot. Soon the rains will be gone.
I finally got out last friday an shot two Whites in .451 to be sure for this fall. The Super 91 was spot on even with the scope taken off an wrapped with tape. The M97 was a new one to me an took about 12 shots to get where I wanted it. The rifle range was in good shape, but the pistol range was standing water and I shot two 9mm pistols anyway.
Went home cleaned the muzzleloaders and mowed the yard till dark and then it rained saturday. This May has been the 5th wettest on record ever...

We will be dry again this fall I'm afraid if the pattern holds like other years.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Stop your whining and go shoot.
I haven't seen any range reports from you in forever ya old coot..!
Old 05-31-2017, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't feel a need to show them like others do. I only go to a range to sight in a new gun and then practice in the national forest from hunting positions and different angles like i'd experience while hunting.

I do it for me and I find it enjoyable. I don't show pictures of game killed either.

Read my signature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.