Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Unsupported Shooting >

Unsupported Shooting

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Unsupported Shooting

Old 02-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing you are forgetting Jack is, the man is shooting an in-line muzzleloader. Not a CF rifle. I don't care how good you can lock up your position, your front sight is still going to move some while aiming. You have to get your timing down with THAT PARTICULAR RIFLE AND LOAD because of the slower fire time. All your other suggestions are spot on but shooting a ML is a whole other animal because of the varying lock times and fire expulsion times. You have to be intimately familiar with a particular rifle and load in the ML world. Much more so than with any CF rifle.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Semisane
That's true I have fooled with scopes on inlines. However, i've never hunted with an inline. Only sidelocks with open sights.

btw That thread is a good example of why I don't show range sessions. I guess if you don't show multiple range sessions every week you can't shoot. How long did it take you to find it? Anything to prove me wrong eh? Even chaded gave up trying to do that, because he never could.

Anyway, i've only stayed on this forum this long, because I want to make sure the buyer of my gun gets it ok. That should have been Thur, but was delayed twice by bad weather. It should be tomorrow and then i'll be gone. Forums really do suck! My life is so peaceful without them.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jack..........That's a position for target shooting, but not very practical for hunting. It's also not good for a rifle with hard recoil. I feel practice should be the same as what you'll use when hunting. Otherwise, what is the practice trying to accomplish?
Old 02-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Aw Muley, you know you'll be back. You've quit this forum more times than Oprah quit chocolate.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing is more times than Oprah.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aw Muley, you know you'll be back. You've quit this forum more times than Oprah quit chocolate.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

I am rarely on here and posting anymore but Im not surprised to see Muley still contradicting himself and quitting the forum again. Good thing the forum built him a revolving door a long time ago.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look what crawled out from the sewer. Just like old times.

Well, boys. Don't be surprised if it sticks this time. Unlike all the other times when it was forum specific because of jerk off for members. This time it's because i'm retired from guns whether hunting or shooting. It's all gone and the money is spent on new fly fishing gear. I won't be back. Not because i'm pissed at anybody. It's as simple as I have other interest now.

So, after tomorrow when the gun is delivered. Cya....
Old 02-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Best of luck Muley. May the hatch be with you.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks bud.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.