Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
post season boredom bought a knight disk rifle >

post season boredom bought a knight disk rifle

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

post season boredom bought a knight disk rifle

Old 01-20-2017, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default post season boredom bought a knight disk rifle

i was at the gun store and seen a muzzleloader there stainless barrel and plastic stock so i looked at it and it was a knight disk kinda dirty on the outside, the ss was like gray so i wasn't hopeful about the bore...it was on sale for 99.99 i went back 3 days later and it was still there i had a borelight this time and the bore's nice and clean....theres no nipple on the breechplug it's not a red plastic primer breechplug, I don't see any treads for the nipple so i'm thinking it may be the orange primer type ,tomorrow I'll take it apart. I not sure how the orange primer works lol I've got 2 mk-85's and if the disk shoots anything close to them I'll be very happy its got fiber-optic sights too
Old 01-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
i was at the gun store and seen a muzzleloader there stainless barrel and plastic stock so i looked at it and it was a knight disk kinda dirty on the outside, the ss was like gray so i wasn't hopeful about the bore...it was on sale for 99.99 i went back 3 days later and it was still there i had a borelight this time and the bore's nice and clean....theres no nipple on the breechplug it's not a red plastic primer breechplug, I don't see any treads for the nipple so i'm thinking it may be the orange primer type ,tomorrow I'll take it apart. I not sure how the orange primer works lol I've got 2 mk-85's and if the disk shoots anything close to them I'll be very happy its got fiber-optic sights too

It totally sounds like a Orange Plastic Jacket rifle so it is probably a Original DISC. Shotgun primers a pushed into the jacket and the jacket is dropped into the open bolt.

What caliber did you get? No matter $99 is a heck of a good by especially if the bore is there.

You will probably want to find a DISC Extreme bolt conversion for it and then decided what you might want to shoot, Red plastic jackets, bare primer, or even percussion caps.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

" />it's a fifty cal

Last edited by stripercrazy; 01-21-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
" />it's a fifty cal

That stock does not look like a O DISC stock from what I can see it resembles a DISC Extreme stock. If I could see the butt stock I could tell for sure.

When you lift the bolt does the bolt pull back at all?

Still say I think you have gotten a great deal on that rifle.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

It's the same exact rifle that I have. It takes the orange casings with 209 primers. It's an excellent and very accurate shooting muzzle loader.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

i haven't taken it apart ,but no, it don't move back much at all....hope to get to the gun tonight I'll post a photo thanks for the help and info
Old 01-25-2017, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

the breech plug came out no problem bore looks like new breech plug looks good i ordered orange disk from midway looking forward to shooting
Old 01-28-2017, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

got a couple hundred primer holders (orange) range is next....think i got everything figgered out