HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - post season boredom bought a knight disk rifle
Old 01-20-2017, 03:05 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
i was at the gun store and seen a muzzleloader there stainless barrel and plastic stock so i looked at it and it was a knight disk kinda dirty on the outside, the ss was like gray so i wasn't hopeful about the bore...it was on sale for 99.99 i went back 3 days later and it was still there i had a borelight this time and the bore's nice and clean....theres no nipple on the breechplug it's not a red plastic primer breechplug, I don't see any treads for the nipple so i'm thinking it may be the orange primer type ,tomorrow I'll take it apart. I not sure how the orange primer works lol I've got 2 mk-85's and if the disk shoots anything close to them I'll be very happy its got fiber-optic sights too

It totally sounds like a Orange Plastic Jacket rifle so it is probably a Original DISC. Shotgun primers a pushed into the jacket and the jacket is dropped into the open bolt.

What caliber did you get? No matter $99 is a heck of a good by especially if the bore is there.

You will probably want to find a DISC Extreme bolt conversion for it and then decided what you might want to shoot, Red plastic jackets, bare primer, or even percussion caps.