Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
In the market for a ML >

In the market for a ML

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

In the market for a ML

Old 01-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Jon

If I walked into a store to purchase that spotting scope, how much would go on my Visa?
Old 01-17-2016, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Do you still have to pull back the plunger on this rifle to cock it and unscrew the rear knob to get it into fire position?
Old 01-17-2016, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, its a bolt action. Once you load the primer in and shut the bolt, its cocked and ready to fire. Then you just push the regular safety fwd to fire.

All Knights do have the secondary safety...most leave them off unless they need to use it. I love that feature on my rifles. I screw it ON when pulling my loaded gun up and down into treestands, and at other times here and there.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

OH OK. I saw the rear of the bolt and it looked a lot like the earlier Knights. I would have thought they would have improved on that set up. Although simple and extremely safe I really didn't like it.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
OH OK. I saw the rear of the bolt and it looked a lot like the earlier Knights. I would have thought they would have improved on that set up. Although simple and extremely safe I really didn't like it.
The Knight plunger style Rifles are terribly dirty and I hate them myself.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Two of my 3 current MZs are older Knight Disc Extremes(LRH & MH) and the other is a Disc Elite. All 3 have been converted to a Lehigh bare primer breech plug and I use BH 209(100 to 110 gr) and Harvester 260 & 300 PT Gold bullets and their black Crush Rib sabots touched off with Winchester's regular 209 primers. All are capable of sub MOA groups at 100 yds. For the last 5 years I've used my MLs for all my hunting(Whitetails, hogs and exotics) in Texas, Miss. & LA.(all low fence free range). I don't feel limited by my choice of weapons and I've harvested a number of nice animals. These loads are not only accurate but deadly. I've had more fun and fired more rounds in that 5 years than in my entire 72 years of hunting. Enjoy.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pooldoc
Two of my 3 current MZs are older Knight Disc Extremes(LRH & MH) and the other is a Disc Elite. All 3 have been converted to a Lehigh bare primer breech plug and I use BH 209(100 to 110 gr) and Harvester 260 & 300 PT Gold bullets and their black Crush Rib sabots touched off with Winchester's regular 209 primers. All are capable of sub MOA groups at 100 yds. For the last 5 years I've used my MLs for all my hunting(Whitetails, hogs and exotics) in Texas, Miss. & LA.(all low fence free range). I don't feel limited by my choice of weapons and I've harvested a number of nice animals. These loads are not only accurate but deadly. I've had more fun and fired more rounds in that 5 years than in my entire 72 years of hunting. Enjoy.
I couldn't agree more!!!
Old 01-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Spike

hoe does the Traditions "strike fire" stack up against the knight ultra and say the TC Pro Hunter. The ignition system (no hammer) seems really interesting. I don't see anyone else out there with anything similar. Also it seems that the TC and the strike fire, with their speed breech plug setup, should be a breeze to clean and even unload with out shooting.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
My person favorite is the CVA Optima with thumbhole stock.

Another great muzzy is the Traditions Strikerfire. Every year my brother in law gets lucky and his deer keep getting bigger!
what are the differences between the optima and different models like the v2 for example and is one a better design or better features ? i'm not that familiar with the cva's except the v2/lr i just bought. thanks
Old 01-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Banned

the optima is more sleek and low profile while the accura has a bigger/fatter looking stock. The Optima thumbhole however is only good for a scope while the v2 accura stock works both ways, one reason its larger.

For scoped muzzy, I much prefer the optima v2 because the stock fits me so well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.