Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
A Melancholy Lament >

A Melancholy Lament

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A Melancholy Lament

Old 02-09-2016, 08:30 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Well folks one thing for sure - nothing ever stays the same. Never! Change is constant in our lives - we age and can't stop it. Things wear out and get broke which end up needing replacement or be tossed out.

Either your look at change as a challenge and look how to make it work for you, and live with it, or get grumpy, put a line in the sand and say I have had enough.

Those unwilling to change do get left behind.

While I admit I don't like changes once I have gotten so comfortable with what I was doing - I learned long ago to accept change, As it did me no good to complain - gave me a sour stomach - started loosing friends - what few I had, etc.

And the older I get the more things Change as a much faster pace.

So I look at Change as a positive challenge in life for what I have left - and find ways to make it work for me. Which leaves me with very fond memories of the "Way it Was!".

And from that I have had many positive new experiences...... both good and bad but have learned from both.

Old dogs can be taught new tricks - You are never too old to learn! And if one doesn't agree most times they are grumpy old men.....who live in the past but are missing a very bright future.

The new forum has turned away a few, and we had one who quit. But as of late I have seen some new posters. New voices to the lot. So for me it is a positive change.
Dave......JW
Old 02-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Banned

More fresh minds to corrupt!