HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Training an old dog (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/403404-training-old-dog.html)

Gm54-120 12-25-2015 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by chaded (Post 4235667)
Number 1 at what? Sales? I'm sure McDonald's is number one in hamburger sales but that doesn't mean anything in terms of quality. Lol

Exactly, its marketing hype for a greatly over priced product. CVA sells those "sinkers" at a huge wholesale discount to retailers who mark them up a ton.

Bass Pro and Cabelas staff are highly encouraged to move PBs and pellets for larger profit margins. Get them to the register and move on to the next victim as quickly as possible.

Gm54-120 12-25-2015 07:46 AM

We don't need el-primos to harvest deer.
But at nearly $1 a bullet on sale you sure paid a premium price for a sub "primo" product. My Rainier plated 50cal 335gr JHPs are under $30/100. They are on sale for $18/100 right now at MidwayUSA.

:rolleyes:

Muley Hunter 12-25-2015 07:59 AM

I don't have any numbers. It's just a guess, but I bet Powerbelts are not only #1 in sales, but it game taken too.

Yes, I know when you sell more you have more chance for kills, but some of you make them sound like they don't work at all.

They're overpriced, and wouldn't sell if thy didn't work. I've mentioned this before. In my area everybody uses PB's. They love them, and i've never heard one hunter say they failed. They are also far from noobs, and have been hunting the ML season since it started. The gun shop owner has also never had any feedback of failures. Everybody is puzzled when I mention it. They ask me where I heard it, and I tell them from the forum experts. Always good for a laugh.

Give it up. PB's aren't going anywhere.

Grouse45 12-25-2015 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by chaded (Post 4235667)
Number 1 at what? Sales? I'm sure McDonald's is number one in hamburger sales but that doesn't mean anything in terms of quality. Lol

Wow!!! That was impressive!! Very good point lol

Muley Hunter 12-25-2015 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Grouse45 (Post 4235678)
Wow!!! That was impressive!! Very good point lol

Of course. Quality never sells. :biggrin:

No point at all.

Grouse45 12-25-2015 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4235677)
I don't have any numbers. It's just a guess, but I bet Powerbelts are not only #1 in sales, but it game taken too.

Yes, I know when you sell more you have more chance for kills, but some of you make them sound like they don't work at all.

They're overpriced, and wouldn't sell if thy didn't work. I've mentioned this before. In my area everybody uses PB's. They love them, and i've never heard one hunter say they failed. They are also far from noobs, and have been hunting the ML season since it started. The gun shop owner has also never had any feedback of failures. Everybody is puzzled when I mention it. They ask me where I heard it, and I tell them from the forum experts. Always good for a laugh.

Give it up. PB's aren't going anywhere.

The problem is Muley, most people don't know how a bullet should work. I shot lots of game with PB'S. Back when I used them I thought they were great. I've learned tracking Deer 100 to 200 yards is not good with a bullet behind the shoulders. As much as I don't like pistol bullets in a ML, a 250grn XTP will embarrass any weight powerbelt on the market today.

I will get my game with a PB or even a PRB, it's just not the way I wanna get them any more.

Grouse45 12-25-2015 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4235680)
Of course. Quality never sells. :biggrin:

No point at all.

There is no quality in a McDonalds cheeseburger. Now there French fries are quality but that it. :popcorn::lmao::biggrin:

Muley Hunter 12-25-2015 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Grouse45 (Post 4235683)
The problem is Muley, most people don't know how a bullet should work. I shot lots of game with PB'S. Back when I used them I thought they were great. I've learned tracking Deer 100 to 200 yards is not good with a bullet behind the shoulders. As much as I don't like pistol bullets in a ML, a 250grn XTP will embarrass any weight powerbelt on the market today.

I will get my game with a PB or even a PRB, it's just not the way I wanna get them any more.

Maybe you didn't know better back then. Maybe you were better off too. Keep it simple, and go hunt. I enjoy tracking. It's part of how I hunt to find the game, and also to recover it.

Sometimes easier isn't as rewarding.

Grouse45 12-25-2015 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4235685)
Maybe you didn't know better back then. Maybe you were better off too. Keep it simple, and go hunt. I enjoy tracking. It's part of how I hunt to find the game, and also to recover it.

Sometimes easier isn't as rewarding.

Where you live tracking is pretty easy. Where I live, tracking means some one else shoots my Deer. Anyone who hunts public land in PA will tell you the same thing in most cases.

Muley Hunter 12-25-2015 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Grouse45 (Post 4235684)
There is no quality in a McDonalds cheeseburger. Now there French fries are quality but that it. :popcorn::lmao::biggrin:

I'm pretty sure most people buy it, because they like it. I haven't eaten fast food in 20 years. It's all the same to me.