Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The truth about muzzleloading!!! >

The truth about muzzleloading!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The truth about muzzleloading!!!

Old 12-13-2015, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

It takes more than being cheap to sell a lot of guns. If they weren't accurate and reliable their reputation would get out fast, and they wouldn't sell no matter how cheap they were.

Cheap? No, they're the best bang for the buck. Big difference.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
It takes more than being cheap to sell a lot of guns. If they weren't accurate and reliable their reputation would get out fast, and they wouldn't sell no matter how cheap they were.

I've never shot any muzzleloader that I couldn't make accurate. With all the different sabots and bullet types it's so easy to get anything to shoot.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Try shooting conicals in some TC inlines.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually Pete, their reputation IS out there. At least for a LOT of MLer folks that actually know and have experienced the poor quality of CVA and the shoddy barrels. The reason they sell is because they are cheap and they function somewhat OKAY and with todays economy that is all the general public care about. They could care less that they are cheap knockoffs with poor quality barrels and absolutely NO inspections on the barrels for pressure.

Actually Pete, their reputation IS out there. At least for a LOT of MLer folks that actually know and have experienced the poor quality of CVA and the shoddy barrels. The reason they sell is because they are cheap and they function somewhat OKAY and with todays economy that is all the general public care about. They could care less that they are cheap knockoffs with poor quality barrels and absolutely NO inspections on the barrels for pressure.

Try shooting conicals in some TC inlines.
I have shot many connies out of mine. My own casts don't give me the BEST accuracy at 1.5"@ 100 but they are well within reason and they put the hammer of Thor on a hog! BUT, and it makes me a little sick to type this, the best accuracy I ever got out of my TC PH was with 110gr T7 loose and a 295gr Powerbelt aero. 5 shot group under an inch at 150. Too bad their terminal performance doesn't meet up with their accuracy performance! At least it never has for me or several of the guys I know that has hit deer and hogs with them. So, at least my TC barrel shoots connies very well. I know quite a few folks that have TC inlines that shoot connies very well. But like any bullet/barrel you have to come up with a powder load/type that will make that combination shine.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good grief! It's a known fact that a lot of TC muzzy's don't shoot conicals very accurately. Just because you don't have one doesn't change that fact. I had an Omega that shot conicals good too, but I still accept I was lucky.

As for Bergara being shoddy barrels? You're just spreading false rumors. They have a record of being accurate, and i've never witnessed one blowing up. Have you? Try to be honest.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:53 AM
Banned

You left out that tc nor knight do not test every barrel.

Ive shot enough through cvas to know that they are solid in quality reliability and accuracy.

As with every manf of a product, some imperfections can slip by and the customer then uses the provided warranty to fix or replace the part.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shoot with that evaluation Power Belts should be the best bullet out there according to CVA they are the #1 selling ML bullet on the market.

Not sure #1 makes you/it the best - normally it is the least expensive and easiest to use that sells the most in America today.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Banned

Well its safe to say knight isn't number one in sales lol. Especially when it takes two years to sell 25 special run rifles.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:59 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Shoot with that evaluation Power Belts should be the best bullet out there according to CVA they are the #1 selling ML bullet on the market.

Not sure #1 makes you/it the best - normally it is the least expensive and easiest to use that sells the most in America today.
If you want to be #1 or at least make people think you are then all you got to do is spend enough money advertising and marketing to brainwash everybody into thinking that . Neither CVA or Powerbelts are that good they just have convinced people they are , so that the masses sing their praises just like the people worshiped Hitler and followed him . You tell a lie long enough and loud enough and people will believe it . Heil CVA ✋

Old 12-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Powerbelts are hardly cheap, so that idea won't fly for the gun either.

The price only affects sales number to a certain point. CVA is way past that point. It sells, because it works.

Besides an Accura is not that cheap. Maybe compared to the overprice American guns it is, but that's a problem caused by greed. I know most will misunderstand that sentence, so think about it before posting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.