Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Muzzleloaders.....scheming to buy one >

Knight Muzzleloaders.....scheming to buy one

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Muzzleloaders.....scheming to buy one

Old 11-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Knights completely break down with two tools including the trigger assembly, breach plug and bolt assembly.
It takes less than 5 minutes to remove both assemblies and completely clean them. The Knight bolt actually requires no tool to remove or clean.

How long does it take to remove the firing pin and trigger assembly from an Encore for a thorough cleaning? How many tools does it require?

If you really want to see easy, get a NULA. Mine has zero blowby. Absolutely none and with smokeless powder it gets cleaned when i feel like it. Shoot it and give it a quick wipe down. Even the breach plug channel stays clean enough for many many shots.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 11-17-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

How long does it take to remove the firing pin and trigger assembly from an Encore for a thorough cleaning? How many tools does it require?
Well I can drop my assembly out in about 30 seconds with one little tool. Completely disassemble the trigger assembly in about 1 and a half minutes with a small punch tool, clean it all up and put it back together in about the same amount of time. And that's with overly large sausage fingers! But most people don't break down their trigger assemblies. They spray a cleaner in and blow the assembly out then add a drop or 2 of oil. If for some reason you have found the encore trigger assembly difficult to break down, Mike has a wonderful guide up (with pictures) for doing just that http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/images...jobmanual2.pdf
Old 11-17-2015, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Does anybody know where I can get a bolt assembly for a Disc Extreme?
Old 11-17-2015, 09:51 PM
Banned

o ring or the shims in our optima, accura and wolf make them pretty much the simplest muzzy to clean. Remove BP, hot soapy water with a brush after using the drill bit, dry it and I am finished with that part. A few patches of 2 in 1 bore scrubber and bam, its finished. I do however take my time as I prefer to treat them right and make sure its done right. If I worried about how long it took to clean a muzzy, I wouldnt be shooting one.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bdeather
Does anybody know where I can get a bolt assembly for a Disc Extreme?
I know Knight sells them labeled as a "conversion" kit. You can find on ebay and such sometimes... not sure where else might have them.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
I fail to see how ANY bolt action MLer could be easier to clean than a break open action. My Pro Hunter is about as simple and easy as it gets. Lot more parts to break down and clean on a bolt. Not saying one is better than the other per say but a break is, to me anyway, MUCH simpler to clean.
I've owned a bunch of the pro hunters and encores they are much harder to clean then the new Knight ultralight for example
Old 11-18-2015, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
I know Knight sells them labeled as a "conversion" kit. You can find on ebay and such sometimes... not sure where else might have them.
Numrich also sells them but i think its about the same price as Knight. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1372040.htm
Old 11-18-2015, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

They spray a cleaner in and blow the assembly out then add a drop or 2 of oil.
And i can do the exact same thing with a Knight bolt and trigger so i fail to see how a break action is easier to clean. Ive owned both styles of MLs. Both are very simple to clean if you have the 209 tolerance (head space) set correctly. Its pretty simple to do with a Knight,,,Just use a Win209 or shim the primer pocket for the primer of your choice.

The breach will stay virtually spotless

Now with the breach, bolt and trigger out of the equation we only have a barrel/breach plug left. Never seen any difference in cleaning one barrel over another. The difference in a toolless plug vs a plug needing a socket is so small i would rather have a better designed plug like the Lehigh, Savage or Omega plug.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 11-18-2015 at 05:36 AM.