Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Shockey's Gold Super Powder on the range >

Shockey's Gold Super Powder on the range

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shockey's Gold Super Powder on the range

Old 10-11-2015, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Puissance Factor is exactly what I described in my last post. Three reasons I quit APP in a hurry.

1) Powder-grabbing moisture in the barrel accumulating. Fired the weapon after the morning hunt and evening hunt to "play safe" (Great Lakes / Midwest humidity region)

2) Clumps in the jug and easily recognizable as coming from moisture. But hey... wait a minute. No clumps in my 777. Pyrodex or Schuetzen Blackpowder jugs sitting right next to the APP jug in my gun safe.

3) Puissance Factor and my own self-testing of the separated clumpy powder proved it's loss of strength and energy.

On a positive side / note, the remaining good powder was accurate, much less corrosion abilities and easy to clean.

Lastly, I don;t care what your brand of powder is. If you find clumps in it, remove those clumps and keep it separate from the remaining powder in that jug. That includes real black, 777 and Pyrodex. The only ML powder I know-of, that's 100% power-recoverable when clumps occur, is Blackhorn 209.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Puissance??? Hey guys, you can't use words like that on this forum.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

If any poster has a counter / opposite-side opinion with my post and wishes to discuss it, please PM me. Otherwise I will not see your reply. I am limiting myself to one visit in each thread.
Well darn it, that didn't last very long.

It would be interesting to see how BlackMZ did side by side with the THUPER Powder including weight vs volume comparisons.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

If we are going to rely on TB as a legitimate reviewer of BlackMZ/APP i think its only fair to share his entire opinion.
http://www.namlhunt.com/mlpowders7.html

Alliant's Black MZ IS NOT A High Performance Muzzleloader Powder!

What we now find inside those Black MZ canisters is nothing more than the same powder being sold under the American Pioneer Powder name.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:01 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
If we are going to rely on TB as a legitimate reviewer of BlackMZ/APP i think its only fair to share his entire opinion.
http://www.namlhunt.com/mlpowders7.html

And that as Paul Harvey would say " is the rest of the story "