Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
This ever happen to you? >

This ever happen to you?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

This ever happen to you?

Old 09-24-2015, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I once thought a disagreement I had with my wife was dead, only to see it rise up and kick me three months later.
I can attest to that happening to me also ... and actually many times during my 39+ years of wedded bliss!

Proof positive of life after death.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I once thought a disagreement I had with my wife was dead, only to see it rise up and kick me three months later.
Now that is just plain funny
What I find amusing is the fact that this is a topic that someone is really concerned about. I know its aimed at embarrassment to Mountain Devil and his video and statements.
On another note it appears to me that this is a continuation of the thread which was locked by JW yesterday. I am asking everyone to play nice ...our job is much easier when you guys moderate yourselves.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by miketodd58
Yes I have had deer twitch on several occasions . came up behind one one time and poked it with my muzzle and got no reaction and then went to spread its legs to start the gutting process and they started twitching and flailing like crazy. Mind you this was probably witchin mins of coming down from my stand and walking over to the deer.

Here is a video of a deer twitching sometime after it was killed.

No one cares about the big horn sheep. God I love this video.
http://youtu.be/X5hhnXpjmIo
That is a GREAT video! Line of the year!

In regards to the OP's question, I have had a few deer twitch now and then over the years, always within a short time period after I killed them. Doesn't happen often, but I have seen it. Now a dead guy that's been dead for days and embalmed sitting up in a casket... I'm not buying that one.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man: Here's one-
Cart-master: Ninepence.
Old Man: (feebly) I'm not dead!
Cart-master: (suprised) What?
Man: Nothing! Here's your ninepence....
Old Man: I'm not dead!
Cart-master: 'Ere! 'E says 'e's not dead!
Man: Yes he is.
Old Man: I'm not!
Cart-master: 'E isn't?
Man: Well... he will be soon-- he's very ill...
Old Man: I'm getting better!
Man: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Cart-master: I can't take 'im like that! It's against regulations!
Old Man: I don't want to go on the cart....
Man: Oh, don't be such a baby.
Cart-master: I can't take 'im....
Old Man: I feel fine!
Man: Well, do us a favor...
Cart-master: I can't!
Man: Can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long...
Cart-master: No, gotta get to Robinson's, they lost nine today.
Man: Well, when's your next round?
Cart-master: Thursday.
Old Man: I think I'll go for a walk....
Man: You're not fooling anyone, you know-- (to Cart-master) Look, isn't there something you can do...? (they both look around)
Old Man: I feel happy! I feel happy! (the Cart-master deals the old man a swift blow to the head with his wooden spoon. The old man goes limp.)
Man: (throwing the old man onto the cart) Ah. thanks very much.
Cart-master: Not at all. See you on Thursday!

Last edited by Gm54-120; 09-25-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't consider an animal dead until its dead. In the case of the elk kill on video I would of immediately shot it in the neck. That definitely required a second shot. Especially walking 150 yards after the shot and its still not dead.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

I shot a deer once with my bow years ago. I reached my hand up into its almost empty cavity to pull the heart and lungs out. The heart was still beating ever so slightly. I called my buddy over and he felt it too. It was a slow beat but fairly steady. As soon as I cut through the esophagus and cut it out it stopped. I had never had the feeling of just taking a life any more then this.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I don't consider an animal dead until its dead. In the case of the elk kill on video I would of immediately shot it in the neck. That definitely required a second shot. Especially walking 150 yards after the shot and its still not dead.
lol you are so full of it. Blood and lung pouring out of the mouth and its still alive.

Face it, powerbelts work and you just cant swallow your pride and congratulate an old man that did his part and made a huge lifetime memory. What a jack wagon.

Last edited by JW; 09-25-2015 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Flaming Rule 8
Old 09-25-2015, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

My oh my how opinions change so quickly.

WHC ProStaffer wrote
The powerbelt is a pure lead "soft" conical with a massive hollow point that prevents it from penetrating, and 99% of the time, fragment its hundreds of little pieces
this kind of fragmentation should not be happening. But again, soft lead with a HUGE hollow point, what did the engineer expect was going to happen?
The ballistic tip itself actually does more damage to the bullet than it does good.
A fast expanding bullet is not exactly what you want for big muscled, big boned elk
But when the bullet penetrates half of the animal and is breaking apart within the first 3 to 4 inches, you really start to get worried.
that really should tell you guys about the limited penetration of a soft lead conical with a large HP
Both fraged badly going into the second layer
Nothing compares to the real deal in the field. Its still a great way though just to see how things will stand up. A good stress test that allows you to make adjustments to your load.
I was not so long ago that the Thor was highly recommended over the PB. I wonder what changed?

I quick Google search of the previous topic came up on no less than 7 forums. One Pro PB forum seemed to be missing though from that list.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 09-25-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Banned

Thor was out of bullets.

All you guys do is start trouble LOL. Ive used powerbelts since i first came on here. With all those tests and how bad powerbelts were, we used that 300gr to give a REAL test of how that aerolite works. I've put that 58cal to the side this year and am using another powerbelt and a very bad inconsistent powder this year for my next hunt this sunday.

This thread is just spam to start an argument. One person posted a video and guess what.... You guys havent said a thing about that one now have ya?

I'll teach you how to use a powerbelt, just ask and i'll help whom ever wants the help.

Normally I use round balls but lets not get on that lousy animal killing projectile
Old 09-25-2015, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only trouble i see here is someone who called edited by JW flaming Rule 8 and called the rest of Rule 8

Pot meet kettle

Last edited by JW; 09-25-2015 at 12:28 PM. Reason: HNI rule 8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.