Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Thompson Omega 50 Cal. Needs some work >

Thompson Omega 50 Cal. Needs some work

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Omega 50 Cal. Needs some work

Old 09-23-2015, 07:44 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey thanks boys I really appreciate the feed back.
To answer some questions

Trigger is it broke? Yes - I was holding the trigger in my hand,the metal piece your forefinger uses to squeeze to make her go bang, ! Or stick you finger in the trigger guard and you go - "What the Heck where is that thingie you pull? How am I ever going to fire this - Now where did that go?"

The breech plug can be taken out which is good. Was thinking about JB and trying that. Is a project for a fellow Hunter Ed instructor as he asked me last night how much it was worth and I told him no more than $50 once I saw it!. But we did this shortly before class so I didn't have much time.
So I told him I also know of a bunch of fellows who are not afraid to offer opinions. And see you guys have taught me well. As I was spot on with my offer and my thoughts.

Oh and it is a black laminate stock and not plastic. When I first saw it I thought it might have been a White based on the touch and feel of that stock.

Thanks Men!

JW
Old 09-28-2015, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been a-while now.....
So did the Hunter Ed-guy purchase it...... for how much?