Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Williams WGRS sight >

Williams WGRS sight

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Williams WGRS sight

Old 09-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Williams WGRS sight

With the snake issue today I forgot to tell you guys that I received a Williams WGRS sight in the mail today for my .45 Hawken. I planned on drilling and tapping the barrel to install it just in front of the lock. But before I do that I mounted it in the original rear sight position. Looking through the peep the aperature hole is OK for target shooting but way too small for hunting.
I went off to the hardware store looking for a 12-40 screw to make another aperature for it but all they had were 12-24 and 12-32.
So I grabbed a 12-24 and came home and ordered a 12-40 die. I figure I can run the die over the 12-24 threads and change them to 12-40 no trouble. In the mean time while I wait for the die I used my wire bit set to check the diameter of the existing aperature hole and found it was .090". I put the screw into my table vise and drilled a 7/64" hole down the center with my drill press, cut it to length and then heated it to cherry red and dropped it in oil to blacken. I think it will work nicely.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is what I use in my Williams: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/384...nk-steel-black