Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Strike

Old 09-16-2015, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

The one critical flaw that has still not been addressed is......scope mounting.
Nailed it. A local hunter brought his Leupold scope, rings and Redemption gun to me for assembly. No way that scope would work on that gun.

Someone managed to get the scope mounted on the gun in this picture. However, the rear scope ring is up against the adjustment turrets. That could bind the adjustment.

http://randywakeman.com/LHRREDEMPTIONPartOne.htm

Low scope rings with that gun are problematic because of the high comb of the stock and the opening lever.

Last edited by falcon; 09-16-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you go to the DNZ website they list eye relief required for their 2 LHR mounts. They only offer a more common 3"+ relief in a high mount.

IMO the best thing T/C could do with the Strike is ditch that silly externally threaded breach plug to allow more room for a base.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
If you go to the DNZ website they list eye relief required for their 2 LHR mounts. They only offer a more common 3"+ relief in a high mount.

IMO the best thing T/C could do with the Strike is ditch that silly externally threaded breach plug to allow more room for a base.
I highlighted one word that was absolutely correct in that sentence. Here is the corrected sentence: "IMO the best thing TC could do with the strike is to dig a ditch and throw ALL of them in it
Old 09-16-2015, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe SW/TC is putting that QLA on the rifle. How many times do they have to be proven it adversely affects accuracy.
They are stubborn to their own detriment.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've often wondered the same thing myself flounder. If just a little nick or wear spot in the crown of a rifle can throw accuracy all to the wind then imagine that QLA thing. Just the tiniest bit of inconsistency in wear at the end of the rifling would throw that barrel way off. I understand the design and the use making it easier to load a bullet/sabot combo straight but there is no way to keep a barrel with QLA consistently accurate even if it was accurate to begin with.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:45 PM
1874sharpsshooter

The Redemption was Strike 1, this is Strike 2, i wonder if TC knows that 3 strikes and you are out .

Old 09-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The way everyone is responding in this here forum, they went out with only two strikes.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:42 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
The way everyone is responding in this here forum, they went out with only two strikes.
Lol sounds like it but the Redemption i have shoots touching holes at 100 yards so i have nothing bad to say about them . Even the scope is ok on mine i can see good , reach everything fine and clean it without a problem . So in spite of all the flaws it might sell and a few shooters may really like it . After all this is a very tiny number of individuals compared to how many people out there shoot black powder and never visit a forum to realize the big mistake they made in buying something . Shucks i really thought the Redemption was ok til i read this post now i know better

Old 09-16-2015, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
............. I understand the design and the use making it easier to load a bullet/sabot combo straight but there is no way to keep a barrel with QLA consistently accurate even if it was accurate to begin with.
I'll say I'm not certain exactly what that means but, if you're saying that a barrel with a QLA, even if accurate new, won't remain accurate, I firmly disagree. I've owned way to many T/C rifles with a QLA that shot as accurate after thousands of rounds as they did new.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Barnes, what I mean by that is inconsistent wear on the rifling. With a crown, a tiny little wear pattern from improper cleaning methods will cause a "jetting" making that bullet lean upon exit of the barrel. With that QLA system, a tiny bit of wear on say one of the lands at the end of the rifling will cause that same problem BECAUSE of the space created without rifling. Granted it is more than likely tiny if it happens and it probably wouldn't happen to people such as you or several of us on this forum that have proper cleaning methods and loading methods that don't scrape the barrel with loading rods and such which will cause wear on the lands. I just see a problem waiting to happen with that system. Just had too many rifles come to me with horrible grouping because of a bad crown due to wear or just simply a pitiful crowning job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.