Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
About those CVA muzzleloaders >

About those CVA muzzleloaders

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

About those CVA muzzleloaders

Old 08-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Tom, his name is Tom.
I know his name, but he sounds like Randy.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you have concerns about CVA guns. Read this, and if you haven't guessed after reading it. The Private investigator is Randy Wakeman.

http://www.cva.com/the-truth-about-c...zleloaders.php
Old 08-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I have read the Wakeman report. Very interesting stuff. Old stuff mind you. But interesting. So pardon me if I don't read it again.

As for the new CVA rifles. I own an Optima. I shoot the Optima and found it accurate, easy to clean, easy to take apart, and a real pleasure to shoot. So the question is, do I fear for my safety shooting it. If I did, I wouldn't shoot it. If you do, don't shoot it. Its that simple.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to own one of those new CVA Accura V2's in 45-cal and a used, good condition CVA Mountain Rifle in 54-cal.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where is 1874's avatar when we need it?
Old 08-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
I have read the Wakeman report. Very interesting stuff. Old stuff mind you. But interesting. So pardon me if I don't read it again.

As for the new CVA rifles. I own an Optima. I shoot the Optima and found it accurate, easy to clean, easy to take apart, and a real pleasure to shoot. So the question is, do I fear for my safety shooting it. If I did, I wouldn't shoot it. If you do, don't shoot it. Its that simple.
Your last statement pretty well sums it up, for any weapon. Some of the linked information is as current as last year. My guess is that the newer models are probably better. The question still remains: Are the guns still safe w/a max charge. Not just short term.

That Dudley seems like a smoke and mirrors kind of guy, based on his rebuttals.If the evidence against CVA were fraudulent, they would demand a court case for improperly targeting their company and causing loss of revenue. If they aren't doing so, what is CVA afraid of? While I no longer own a CVA product, putting information out there so owners and buyers can make informed choices is what needs to be considered.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 08-03-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

P.S.- I hope the guy that stole it didn't load it up w/a 150 gr. charge and receive delayed justice.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anybody loading to 150gr isn't looking for accuracy.

You want smoke and mirrors. Listen to Randy. He gets paid to produce them.

Don't be naive enough to believe that CVA is the only gun company to settle out of court. You hear about CVA from Randy. Do you read about it anywhere else? If you do they got the info from Randy.

You're just part of the witch hunt.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
........ Do you read about it anywhere else? If you do they got the info from Randy.

You're just part of the witch hunt.
Do you take issue w/owners and customers having knowledge and the right to choose, either way?
Again, if Randy is the investigator, surely CVA could target him for some type of trade violation, if the statements weren't true. Consider that.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh please! Should CVA lose potential customers from exaggerated lies?

This is normal. Every once in a while someone brings this up again. It doesn't affect those who know what's going on. Of course the Knight bigots will jump on it again. They're just upset CVA out sells every other company.

As do Powerbelts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.