Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Elite not so... >

Knight Elite not so...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Elite not so...

Old 06-17-2015, 08:40 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Salar600
thanks guys for all these ideas.

I'll try conical, 777 and Pyrodex.

Maybe was just a bad day, I'll wait for a cooler one though. Was 64f yesterday.

I'll keep you informed.
110 to 120 blackhorn and that 250 gr SST should give you touching shots . If not then my best guess would be a ding in the crown . Doesnt take much of a ding from cleaning to create problems . I think most flyers that are unexplained are crown problems that arent big enough to be Noticable but are big enough to cause flyers . Thats my best guess if all else fails . Another range session will probably indicate if it just isnt shooting any better than the first time out ,

Old 06-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Things that have helped to shrink my groups with my rifles

-A good cleaning with JB bore paste
-Harvester smooth black sabots for 300gr bullets or less
-Knurl the bullets
-As outside air temp increases, longer cool down time before loading for subsequent shots
Old 06-21-2015, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

My Disc Elite 50 regularly shoots 1" groups at 100 yds. It has an adjustable trigger set at 2 lbs and the Lehigh bare primer breech plug. My best groups have been with 110 gr. BH 209, a regular Winchester 209 primer, a Harvester 300 gr PT gold and Black crush rib sabot, which is my go to hunting load. The Hornady 300gr SST, with the same components is also very accurate. I prefer the Harvester bullet over the SST, because it doesn't blow up like the Hornady.