Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Lehigh Defense XP Muzzleloader bullets >

Lehigh Defense XP Muzzleloader bullets

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lehigh Defense XP Muzzleloader bullets

Old 03-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lehigh Defense XP Muzzleloader bullets

The more I shoot and research this bullet I think I have figured out the ideal way to use them. Light and fast is the key. I have been watching several videos of testing on these bullets in gel. The bottom line is, they just plain work better faster.

In one of the 380 pistol videos, you cant believe how much difference 200fps makes. The flesh damage goes from about 1 inch in diameter at 900fps, to 2 1/2 inches at 1100fps. Same weight bullet, just increased velocity.

I have always believed light and fast is superior over heavy and slow. But with the XP bullets its plain obvious when you watch comparisons side by side in the ballistic gel.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
The more I shoot and research this bullet I think I have figured out the ideal way to use them. Light and fast is the key. I have been watching several videos of testing on these bullets in gel. The bottom line is, they just plain work better faster.

In one of the 380 pistol videos, you cant believe how much difference 200fps makes. The flesh damage goes from about 1 inch in diameter at 900fps, to 2 1/2 inches at 1100fps. Same weight bullet, just increased velocity.

I have always believed light and fast is superior over heavy and slow. But with the XP bullets its plain obvious when you watch comparisons side by side in the ballistic gel.
In conjunction with velocity, I also think the size of the flutes in the bullet makes a very big difference in how they work internally. The larger flute collects a larger volume of fluids and then directs that larger volume up and out of the bullet.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
In conjunction with velocity, I also think the size of the flutes in the bullet makes a very big difference in how they work internally. The larger flute collects a larger volume of fluids and then directs that larger volume up and out of the bullet.
I think the 380 bullet was 90grns. Im trying to find this video to show the link.