Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

RMC Speed Loaders

Old 02-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I too have always carried Speed Loaders when hunting. IMO they are just a convenient method of carrying additional loads. The speed part of the name IMO is a misnomer. But it sure beats carrying powder and bullet separately.
Amen to that Bronko! I have a buddy that carries all his stuff loose. He has his 209 primers, T7 pellets, and bullets all thrown in the same coat pocket. I even gave him a speed loader to use, he still doesn't. LOL, to each his own I guess.

I use a starter (maybe 5-6"), so its easy to open one lid of the speed loader and dump the powder in, then open the other lid and push the bullet through the tube and into the rifle. To me its definitely more of a convenience than a time saver. Everything in one spot, easy to load.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the TC Quick Shot speed loaders. I like having powder and bullet in the same tube.

On the range, I can reload pretty quickly with them. In the woods when I NEED to reload quickly, I spill 90% of the powder and drop the bullet out of the treestand....
Old 02-28-2015, 04:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, that's expensive to use.
Got mine for about $2.50 each on sale at WalMart.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the Quick Shot speed loaders for years. They are the fastest loaders on the market today. My buddy thought I was shooting a centerfire rifle one time. Told him no, I just reload fast. He didn't believe me until I showed him how fast I could get off the second shot! He went out and bought a couple for himself.