Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Williams Peep Sight >

Williams Peep Sight

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Williams Peep Sight

Old 02-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

lyman makes a nicer tang mounted peep sight in my opinion also you should look at getting a merit co. adjustable aperture peep great for hunting !
Old 02-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Omega. Good luck in whatever direction you go with this.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Omega218er
I have been doing a lot of searches on peep sights for a Renegade and realize there are a number of options. What I am wondering about and did not find in the hours of research and searching is this peep sight mounted:http://www.midwayusa.com/product/696...aluminum-black

Have any of you used this on a Hawken or Renegade? The reason I am leaning toward this sight is I am already using this style on the Omega's. At this point I would use it with the blade front sight with a bit of white paint on the blade for low light shooting. Your thoughts please.

Thank you!

Mark

I use tang mounted peeps on several of my TC's - I believe that Lyman makes the better of the peeps that I have used.

Here are a couple of examples - and all of them the Lyman is the best.

Once you start using them it will be hard to go back to a regular rear site...
Old 02-15-2015, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Williams tang mounted peep sight on a tc white mountain carbine. It is real nice I can use it a lot better then just plain opens sights. Also have them on some other muzzleloader and they have seem to work good.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I forgot to add the Lyman has a quick release button you just push and you can change elevation using the elevation scale in the side of the sight. No dialing necessary. Also there is a stop screw that you can reset to your given zero range each time or any time that you want. Plus the elevation scale can be adjusted to your desired ZERO
Old 02-16-2015, 05:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

The T/C sights like MuleyHunter had and as I have on a few sidelocks are hard to come by these days. Then when you do find one they demand a premium price. Lyman makes a good solid peep. It is model 57. Optics Planet has them at a decent price. Just get the one for the Rene or Hawken. I have 2 of these sights and they are nice. You can get with or without the target screws.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:05 AM
Dominant Buck

I have and still do have peep sights on various rifles. I have a Williams Peep sight mounted by a gun smith forward of the tang slightly. It works perfect that way. While I like a peep on the target range, I don't like them hunting. I have my own reasons, while other do not agree with me. That's fine.

On a sunny day with a target in no shadows, its hard to beat a peep sight. A bright colored front sight is a great help.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Spike

Thank you all for your responses, I'll keep you informed of my decision.

Cheers

Mark
Old 02-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have that sight on an H&R 1871:

The sight works very well on this rifle, but I also have a globe front sight with it. this is how this gun came from the factory. But like you said, notice how far back the sight is mounted.

This is a .38-55 that I only shoot BP in it. It is a hoot to shoot and wanted to take it into the woods this past year for deer season. I forgot to through it into the SUV and thought about it when I was in the tree stand. I will take it next year.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
I have that sight on an H&R 1871:

The sight works very well on this rifle, but I also have a globe front sight with it. this is how this gun came from the factory. But like you said, notice how far back the sight is mounted.

This is a .38-55 that I only shoot BP in it. It is a hoot to shoot and wanted to take it into the woods this past year for deer season. I forgot to through it into the SUV and thought about it when I was in the tree stand. I will take it next year.
Is that the buffalo classic my father has one in 45/70 , and yes the sights on it are really nice. He has yet to kill a deer with it had it probably 4-5 years a nice rifle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.