Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
BH209 1st shot accuracy...again but with Slip 2000 >

BH209 1st shot accuracy...again but with Slip 2000

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

BH209 1st shot accuracy...again but with Slip 2000

Old 02-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
Well since that's the case.....

Perhaps your first shot should be a regular Harvester, followed by Crushed Ribs?
That is a very interesting idea! Man, there's just too many variables--my head is spinning!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
I'm about to try Mr. Flintlock's Lube and cleaner in a similar manner as you. Just as soon as Michigan weather cooperates. My Flintlock lube will replace your Hoppes and Slip 2000 uses. It better work, or I'm a big dummy for buying two bottles online, then paying to have it shipped.

But hey! I've been a dummy a few times already, experimenting to achieve first two shots touching, starting with a clean barrel. So nothing's new there. The real, genuine Mr. Flintlock tells me it "might' work. He's had success that way using a traditional ML and old-school bullets.

This product is the old re-badged Lehigh Valley Lube and Cleaner, highly acclaimed for many years and the original inventor/ owner suddenly one day dropped off the end of the earth online.

Well Mr. Flintlock found him, talked him into revealing a secret or three to share, and now you know the rest of the story.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/561...t-67-oz-liquid
Another name for Lehigh Valley Lube/Cleaner, great product and it works!!
Old 02-14-2015, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I purchased Flintlock Lube, I debated the Shenandoah lube. I declined when I decided to test one first, then the other afterwards.

Midway has been out of my 195 gr Barnes Expander 50/40s for months now. I also need another bottle of Ballistol. So when all three are in-stock, I'll get them together.

Oh, I forgot a 4th item I need..... these are my favorite bore brushes. They're hard to find locally.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/558...ProductFinding

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 02-14-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Luke at ArrowHead aka smokelessmz shows bulk 195gr Barnes in stock

ASG047-40 cal 195gr Barnes Expander 75 pack--$75

Buy your sabots separately.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 9 left from the last pack purchased 3-4 years ago and don't expect to use them for hunting next fall.

I have literally 400 bullets in seven different flavors to shoot this spring and summer, setting up a new powder, introducing new bullets and a new swabbing cleaner (Mr. Flintlock). Will probably target 16 shots X 7 trips to the range this year, using two different inlines, eight shots a-piece.

I alternate MLs at the range, allowing cool-down for each. Range BTW is about 65 miles round-trip. That's why I limit my attendance there.

My hilltop deer blind will see my scoped Omega and hopefully 50/40 200 grain SSTs.

My blind near the swamp will see my non-scoped Knight and hopefully 460 No Excuses.

Every year I entertain new loads to keep things interesting and fresh. The only non-changer is my Shenandoah long-rife with roundballs. That barely ever sees a day in the woods. Only when I can hear it crying behind that closed door of my gun safe.

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 02-15-2015 at 06:28 AM.