Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Barnes Performance (Graphic) >

Barnes Performance (Graphic)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Barnes Performance (Graphic)

Old 12-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Maybe we are talking about weird gun shots. First, I have never had the kind of damage that Chaded got with that 300 gr. XTP. And never had a Parker explode on impact.

I used to hunt in a shotgun only county and use a Copper solid Remington slug and got this:

Entry shot:

Exit:

But as you can see, I shot my deer in a spot that didn't loose any meat. Granted this was a shotgun slug, but the bullet is a Barnes bullet head similar to what we shoot in our ML'ds.

I shoot for the vitals and try my best to do the least damage to the meat if possible. Ideally, I do love the results I get when bow hunting:

This is an entry wound and I didn't take a photo of the exit, but it was the same. And the arrow doesn't do a lot of meat damage. But I will admit, I have seen some weird exit wounds!!!!!