Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
blackhorn powder and knight bighorn?? >

blackhorn powder and knight bighorn??

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

blackhorn powder and knight bighorn??

Old 09-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Ironically.. in order to successfully shoot Blackhorn powder in either of those rifles, you will need to purchase an additional breech plug. Yup, the breech plug sold with them rifle is unreliable igniting Blackhorn. Funny.. you need to shell out more dinero for a plug that will work. Hmm.. However, in the long run, you will end up with a better plug, if you modify the one supplied.

Yes I realize I have to buy the special plug. That is why I haven't bought the one for my knight cause you and others said it won't work . I saw your thread about modifying the original breech plug. I just don't have the tools do one and would be worried I would screw it up. You did a great job on the you did.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

You fellows sure go to a lot of trouble to shoot that stuff, I just don't get it, it's pricey and you have to modify your gun for it to work...

Why not just go smokeless, where legal or shoot real black powder or Pyrodex???
Old 09-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

This un-problem has a simple answer.

You want to just use one powder? Use T7 in the Wolf/Knight, and stop whining about swabbing. Muzzleloaders need swabbing!!

Ridiculous thread.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
This un-problem has a simple answer.

You want to just use one powder? Use T7 in the Wolf/Knight, and stop whining about swabbing. Muzzleloaders need swabbing!!

Ridiculous thread.

Already tried shooting triple seven in the wolf! It sucked ass!!! Only used a 50 grain pellet and develop a pain in the ass crud ring!!!! Not to mention it appeared that all of the powder wasn't getting burnt. my brother had blackhorn so we tried it in the wolf and results wee were amazing!!! I never once whined about swabbing!!! Why do you have to be a jerk? Ridiculous thread? Don't read my thread, I asked questions and have received some very good advice!!! I'm getting the feeling some on this forum are complete asses!!!!
Old 09-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, you received very good advice. None of which you took. Everybody told you to not shoot BH in a plunger action. Including Western. The only guys who said it's alright is Knight. Who just wants to sell you guns. You don't want to swab, or use two powders. What sort of answer are you looking for? I gave you my answer, and of course you don't like that either.

btw I never mentioned pellets, and more than likely you're getting a crud ring from using hot primers.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Yes, you received very good advice. None of which you took. Everybody told you to not shoot BH in a plunger action. Including Western. The only guys who said it's alright is Knight. Who just wants to sell you guns. You don't want to swab, or use two powders. What sort of answer are you looking for? I gave you my answer, and of course you don't like that either.

btw I never mentioned pellets, and more than likely you're getting a crud ring from using hot primers.

I was using the triple seven primers by Winchester. I have always used those primers with triple seven. Yes I was stubborn at first but I really thought it through and I'm not shooting blackhorn with my knight. I thought I made that clear when I mentioned I talked to western powders. Some of these extra questions I had also has helped me.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

..Muzzleloaders need swabbing!!..
Umm.. i am not sure this is true. Seems like i haven't swabbed mine for about 7 year.. maybe longer. Can't begin to tally how many thousands of shots.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Umm.. i am not sure this is true. Seems like i haven't swabbed mine for about 7 year.. maybe longer. Can't begin to tally how many thousands of shots.
You're a funny guy Ron. Didn't you start two threads about fouling a clean bore with primers? How did you manage to get those clean bores?
Old 09-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh POOP! Here we go again.

Resist the temptation to feed the troll.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Semisane
Oh POOP! Here we go again.

Resist the temptation to feed the troll.
You must be talking to Ron, or else you don't know what a troll is.

Oh wait! Yours is the only troll post. The rest are on topic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.