Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/c black diamond pistol at 52 yds >

T/c black diamond pistol at 52 yds

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/c black diamond pistol at 52 yds

Old 03-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Spike

Default T/c black diamond pistol at 52 yds

Shot this today with 85 gr. American Pioneer FFG and 300 gr. XTP and a W209 primer...1 and 2 shot didnt swab, 3-5 swab with windex dampned patch then dry patch... shots 1-3 were great dont know what happened on 4/5 more then likely shooter error..
I made this pistol from a T/C Black Diamond rifle, its every bit as accurate now as it was as a rifle, I just cant shoot it as good as when it was a rifle
Attached Thumbnails T/c black diamond pistol at 52 yds-img_1636.jpg   T/c black diamond pistol at 52 yds-img_1637.jpg  
Old 03-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Dominant Buck

That is some great shooting. And a very nice pistol you made there.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's neat dbowling. I assume you were shooting with some kind of rest. Do you hold just the pistol grip, or the forend also?

It would be interesting to shoot it over a chronograph to see how big a charge it takes to stop gaining velocity.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Spike

Default pistol

Originally Posted by Semisane
That's neat dbowling. I assume you were shooting with some kind of rest. Do you hold just the pistol grip, or the forend also?

It would be interesting to shoot it over a chronograph to see how big a charge it takes to stop gaining velocity.

When I shot it it was off a camera tripod(made to use when hunting field edges) with a padded box to hold forearm, when I shoot offhand its 2 handed with both hands on grip one on top the other. Its very steady/stable offhand just cant hold it out in front of you for long at 5#..
When I get time Ill shoot some across my chrony to see when I start getting lower velocities..
Old 03-22-2014, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

How short is that barrel? I don't guess #4/5 were the shooter, just that it took 5 rounds for the true dispersion to appear. Bet your next 5 would not have worsened nor greatly improved where you left off. Had you stopped and posted after 3, we'd all be out cutting off our barrels! It's why, IMO, it takes 5 rounds from a ML to be a believer.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by yeoman
How short is that barrel? I don't guess #4/5 were the shooter, just that it took 5 rounds for the true dispersion to appear. Bet your next 5 would not have worsened nor greatly improved where you left off. Had you stopped and posted after 3, we'd all be out cutting off our barrels! It's why, IMO, it takes 5 rounds from a ML to be a believer.
It shoots the 1st 3 shots to the same poi everytime,I dont really care what it does for 5 shots, never shot at a deer more then 2 times in the last 30 yrs and there was only 1 deer I had to shoot twice... 1st shot counts to me and if it will put it in the black everytime the 1st and 2nd time Im happy, could care less about target shooting only do it to practice/zero. Almost forgot barrel is 14.5 in. long from back of breech plug, 12.5 in.of useable barrel.

Last edited by dbowling; 03-23-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

"It shoots the 1st 3 shots to the same poi every time"

Presuming 1st is on a clean bore: Did it do that when it was full length?
Old 03-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting thread. Here in Virginia we just had muzzleloading handguns allowed for hunting. Don't know if I would be interested in that though. A friend of mine did buy one and will be in the woods this season.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Spike

Default bore

Originally Posted by yeoman
"It shoots the 1st 3 shots to the same poi every time"

Presuming 1st is on a clean bore: Did it do that when it was full length?
Yes when it was full length it would shoot the 1st shot to poa and the next one also, Ive headshot at least 9 does with it in the head or neck anywhere from 50-120yds in the last 2 seasons as a rifle..
Old 03-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Same 300 XTP and APP when it was a long gun? What charge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.