Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/c black diamond pistol at 52 yds >

T/c black diamond pistol at 52 yds

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/c black diamond pistol at 52 yds

Old 03-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Spike

Default bullet

Originally Posted by yeoman
Same 300 XTP and APP when it was a long gun? What charge?
No was using 85 gr. pyrodex rs and 240 gr. xtp when rifle, but have used the same charge in it with the 240 gr. xtp and 300 gr. xtp and it shoots the same just to a slightly different point of aim..
only thing I dont like about it is it has a very tight bore which contributes to it being accurate but its a pain to load.
Havent tried any looser fitting sabots, did try the longer(high pressure) black mmp sabots and it didnt like those at all plus they are almost impossible to get down the bore.

Last edited by dbowling; 03-24-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice work and shooting.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

what exactly was involved making this? Like someone mentioned earlier, here in va they just passed a legislation allowing us to hunt on Sundays (woohoo!) and use blackpowder pistols for deer, im really interested in getting something like this i could carry and possibly take a deer out to 100 yards when im squirrel hunting, etc.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 PM
Spike

Default muzzleloader

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
what exactly was involved making this? Like someone mentioned earlier, here in va they just passed a legislation allowing us to hunt on Sundays (woohoo!) and use blackpowder pistols for deer, im really interested in getting something like this i could carry and possibly take a deer out to 100 yards when im squirrel hunting, etc.
Making it was nothing more then cutting barrel down to 14 5/8 in. from nipple side of breech plug(used hacksaw and squared up on beltsander until square) then recrowned with 82 deg. single flute countersink on 18 volt cordless drill using just enough pressure to cut metal until you have a nice even crown, then touch up any burrs with emory cloth but with single flute countersink it needed almost nothing. Cut pistol grip right behind the pistol grip on rifle leaving a little extra, sand/rasp to shape you want..do same for the forearm and take out and shoot.. make sure to stuff a piece of cotton down in bore when doing crown to catch metal shavings and push cottonball out from breech end then run a patch down bore to remove dust etc when finished..I sprayed grip with truck bedliner spray to make it easier to hold...hope this helps.
Also make sure you have a good hacksaw blade, clamp barrel in vise begin cut and put a little cutting oil in it to make it easier, barrels cut easy just dont rush and keep as straight as you can.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

Im actually looking at one of these guns right now, thinking about picking it up but i just wanted some of your feedback first. Its cheap but the problem with it is it has a cracked stock that has been rigged up, so ill have to find some kind of replacement.Thanks for the reply and keep us updated.

Last edited by scottycoyote; 03-29-2014 at 05:45 AM.