Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
It Ain't Black Powder... >

It Ain't Black Powder...

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

It Ain't Black Powder...

Old 02-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking It Ain't Black Powder...

I know it ain't BP, but it is interesting:

It is pretty much an updated version of a derringer I guess. It is in .45 ACP. You can also get a replacement barrel in 9mm. You are limited to anything but +P or +P+. But when it comes to .45 ACP, it is basically a subsonic cartridge so no problem there. With all my problems with the wife's injury, I have not shot it yet.

It chambers two rounds and has two more in the grip handle. It is a great concealed carry gun. I had more photos, but my cloud isn't working now.

Ok got it working:

I also bought a rubber practice grip:

Old 02-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Dominant Buck

A very interesting little weapon there. Derringers are fascinating. I used to own a lot of them but over the years just kind of sold them off here and there. My one thought on a derringer is, if you have to carry one, because of the limited shots... make sure it is a larger caliber. Because you might only get the one shot and you better make it count. I still have a .45 long colt single shot derringer. I purchased that because it can also shoot a .410 shotgun shell.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I saw a report on them by Jeff Quinn last month. It struck me as a neat little carry gun. See the report here. http://www.gunblast.com/DoubleTap.htm
Old 02-03-2014, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

You can buy a full size Glock for the price of one of these.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

While the cost might be equal to some full size pistols, those that choose this one do so for the conceal ability of the weapon. Many people don't like wearing jackets or shirts that are un-tucked in warmer climates. So the weapon must be inside the waist band (which is very uncomfortable for a long day) or in a pocket. With the size and thickness of this weapon, picture the surprise of the mugger when he demands your wallet and instead of stealing your cash is suddenly faced at close range by two .45 caliber barrels.

I have been looking at a Glock at Gander Mountain but can't decide what model I like best. I decided that a 9mm is more to my liking. Although a .45 is not out of the question. Often times when I am out walking I have my cheap little .45 long colt single shot in a jacket pocket. Not that I am expecting armed intruders but maybe a bear or coyote that needs to be persuaded not to bother me is more in my thoughts.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sometimes you feel like a Glock. Sometimes you don't.

It's about the same size as my Walther PPK/S .380, but only half the weight. That would be mighty nice for pocket carry. I want one in .44 Special.

Last edited by Semisane; 02-03-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting little pocket pistol. When real hot weather hits, I find myself carrying my wife's pink Ruger LCP. As a buddy of mine says: "Don't matter what color it is, when it's pointed at your head, it's scurry!"
Old 02-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well TN, if you ever have to pull that LCP the blush of you cheeks will match the gun.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Semisane
I want one in .44 Special.
How about one of these in .44 special:

This is a S&W 296Ti. It is very light and can be a pocket carry gun. I have a laser sighting grip on this one.

By the way Semi, I'm very partial to the .44 special round:

S&W

Ruger

Old 02-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

By the way Semi, I'm very partial to the .44 special round:

As am I. Out of about a dozen hand guns I own - revolvers and semi-autos in a half dozen calibers - a 3" barrel .44 Special SS Rossi is my favorite. That S&W in your post is sweeeet!

The following picture is added to keep this thread legitimate.

Last edited by Semisane; 02-03-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.