Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Well i dont need it >

Well i dont need it

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Well i dont need it

Old 12-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Well i dont need it

I WON THE BID ON T C RENEGADE 54 CAL PERCUSSION. 240.00 hAVE 3 OTHER 54'S
Old 12-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Well congratulations on winning the bid. Now you understand how my collection got so large. But that kind of rifle is usually easy to sell.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:03 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Johnmorris
If you only have 3 then it sounds to me like you need it ,congrats .

Old 12-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations JM. Don't fret over it. The words "gun" and "need" do not associate in the vocabulary of many of us.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Johnmorris
John,

Be patient....give it a good wipe down and swab the bore with some Barricade or Ballistol then shoulder it a few times before you set it aside. Every few days pick it up and shoulder it again and take a little time to admire it. Notice the fit and finish of that fine American made rifle. The nice American Black Walnut, color case hardened lock, blued finish and steel (not plastic) front and rear sights. When you shoulder it, look through the sights and imagine yourself squeezing the trigger and sending that .530 or .535 roundball straight through the ribcage of a heavy antlered Whitetail buck or into the boiler works of a Black Bear. When you handle it and admire the fit and finish, imagine some American man or woman giving that rifle a final inspection and wipe down before packaging it for shipment prior to going home after an honest day's work with a paycheck in hand. Before long you'll acquire a fondness for it and say to yourself " Boy, this is a nice rifle and I'll bet it's a good shooter". I know I do, that's why I have so many of them!

BPS
Old 12-19-2013, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be patient....give it a good wipe down and swab the bore with some Barricade or Ballistol then shoulder it a few times before you set it aside. Every few days pick it up and shoulder it again and take a little time to admire it. Notice the fit and finish of that fine American made rifle. The nice American Black Walnut, color case hardened lock, blued finish and steel (not plastic) front and rear sights. When you shoulder it, look through the sights and imagine yourself squeezing the trigger and sending that .530 or .535 roundball straight through the ribcage of a heavy antlered Whitetail buck or into the boiler works of a Black Bear. When you handle it and admire the fit and finish, imagine some American man or woman giving that rifle a final inspection and wipe down before packaging it for shipment prior to going home after an honest day's work with a paycheck in hand. Before long you'll acquire a fondness for it and say to yourself " Boy, this is a nice rifle and I'll bet it's a good shooter". I know I do, that's why I have so many of them!
Wow...makes me want to go buy one!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

You always need more then one of everything. I got 8 30/06, two tc hawkens. One is a couger but it is still a hawken.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
Wow...makes me want to go buy one!
LOL me too
Old 12-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

I have two Lyman Deer Stalkers in 54 one Percussion one Flint and a CVA St Louis Hawken with a 1-66 54 cal and a 12 gauge I got as a Kit. I also have a GM 54 ca smoothbore flint barrel so I have the 54"s covered.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

I have had a Renegade 54 years ago and sold it.