Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Kudo for Barnes EZ >

Kudo for Barnes EZ

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Kudo for Barnes EZ

Old 11-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kudo for Barnes EZ

I started using Barnes muzzle loader bullets 4 seasons ago. Out of my Savage 10ML, ahead of 45 gr. of Accurate 5744, the 250 gr., 50 cal., EZ groups dang near sub-MOA. And as far as I can tell, it is a reliable expander and weight retainer from near point blank (20 yards or so) out to the longest shot I have tried (about 165 yards). Out of my CVA Optima ahead of 105 gr. of Black Horn, it hovers around 1 to 1.5 MOA group after group. I have shot at 12 deer and 9 feral hogs with the 10 ML and about half that with the CVA. I have not shot at game any farther than about 125 yards with the CVA. So far, the combos have been nothing short of near ideal. Several have dropped in their tracks. None have gone farther than about 75 yards.

If you are searching for a good bullet for use in an in-line muzzle loader, I recommend you try this one.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using their T-EZ bullets out of my TC Encore Endeavor for about 5 years. I love them and won't shoot anything else.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can't go wrong with any Barnes.

The CF version will sometime not expand if they aren't shot at a high enough velocity. That's why you see Barnes recommending smaller weight bullets for some calibers.

It's not a problem with the ML versions. They're designed to expand at ML velocities.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Barnes 250 GR TEZ

I switched me and my boys guns to these sabots last year and so far....We have fired 5 shots and killed 5 deer. We have had only 1 that needed a tracking job but she left a good blood trail. They group great, are easy to load and are lethal!
Old 11-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You can't go wrong with any Barnes.
I can't speak for muzzleloaders but this statement for centrefire is about as true as you can get! I'd love to run them through my muzzy, if only they brought them into aus. Might have to stock up when I eventually get to the US!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jpbowhunter
I can't speak for muzzleloaders but this statement for centrefire is about as true as you can get! I'd love to run them through my muzzy, if only they brought them into aus. Might have to stock up when I eventually get to the US!
You can always order them.