Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Peep Sight For The Triumph >

Peep Sight For The Triumph

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Peep Sight For The Triumph

Old 11-14-2013, 08:13 AM
  #1  
Giant Nontypical
Thread Starter
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,556
Default Peep Sight For The Triumph

I wanted a peep for the Triumph, and ran across this sight. I've never heard about it before, and never saw one mentioned on any forum. I don't know how long he's been making them, and it's the only sight he makes.

I got one, and i'm really impressed with it's quality. It's built to really take a beating, and I can't imagine it losing it's setting. It's dovetailed for elevation and windage with sturdy allen screws holding the adjustment. It's a longer, and uses the front and rear holes of the scope mounts holes instead of both rear holes like other peeps.

Have a look. Click on the pictures twice to get a blown up view.


http://www.sidelever.com/muzzleloader
Muley Hunter is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 08:57 AM
  #2  
Boone & Crockett
 
sabotloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,609
Default

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter View Post
I wanted a peep for the Triumph, and ran across this sight. I've never heard about it before, and never saw one mentioned on any forum. I don't know how long he's been making them, and it's the only sight he makes.

I got one, and i'm really impressed with it's quality. It's built to really take a beating, and I can't imagine it losing it's setting. It's dovetailed for elevation and windage with sturdy allen screws holding the adjustment. It's a longer, and uses the front and rear holes of the scope mounts holes instead of both rear holes like other peeps.

Have a look. Click on the pictures twice to get a blown up view.


http://www.sidelever.com/muzzleloader
Pete, it certainly looks like it has possibilities. I have never seen it either until you mentioned in a PM awhile back...

A second one that could work might be a NECG that attaches to a Weaver style scope base. The one you are suggesting looks like it would be much cleaner and more streamlined..

Last edited by sabotloader; 11-14-2013 at 09:00 AM.
sabotloader is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 09:02 AM
  #3  
Typical Buck
 
hubby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Clifton, VA
Posts: 768
Default

It looks like a quality sight, but I am surprised that you can use it with the Triumph. When I was first looking at MLs with a mind to shoot exclusively with a peep sight, I took the Triumph off my list of candidates after handling it because the stock comb felt way too high for me to get a decent cheek weld and still see through a peep.
hubby11 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 09:02 AM
  #4  
Giant Nontypical
Thread Starter
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,556
Default

I couldn't wait to buy it Mike. I borrowed the money to get it. It looks better in person.

I showed it to my gunsmith, and he was impressed with the workmanship. he said he doesn't know how he makes money on it. He would charge much more to make one.
Muley Hunter is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 09:06 AM
  #5  
Giant Nontypical
Thread Starter
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,556
Default

Originally Posted by hubby11 View Post
It looks like a quality sight, but I am surprised that you can use it with the Triumph. When I was first looking at MLs with a mind to shoot exclusively with a peep sight, I took the Triumph off my list of candidates after handling it because the stock comb felt way too high for me to get a decent cheek weld and still see through a peep.
The way I understand it with the Triumph is, they sort of compromised with the stock to work with open sights, and a scope. It came with open sights.

I guess it depends on how you're built. I tried a scope to see how it would fit, and the comb was too low for me. It feels just right with this peep. The opposite for you, so go figure.

Manufactures must go crazy to come up with stocks that everybody likes.
Muley Hunter is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 05:02 PM
  #6  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,106
Default

Is it adjustable for elevation? Also can you adjust it in the field like I can the Lyman? Looks rugged. Ron
idahoron is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 05:27 PM
  #7  
Spike
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 83
Default PeepRib, E.A. Brown Company

Does anyone have experience with this "PeepRib" from E. A. Brown Company?

It seems to allow a scope and Peep to be mounted at the same time. Claim is that, combined with Quick Attach Rings, you could use the scope, then remove it to use the Peep, then replace the scope and be close to sighted in. It would allow you to develop loads with the scope, then remove the scope for hunts where you can't use it.

http://www.eabco.com/store/iron-sigh...thur-brown-co/[/URL]
Bill308 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 05:36 PM
  #8  
Giant Nontypical
Thread Starter
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,556
Default

Originally Posted by idahoron View Post
Is it adjustable for elevation? Also can you adjust it in the field like I can the Lyman? Looks rugged. Ron
It wouldn't work for you Ron. It's a peep you set, and leave it that way.

My range is under 100 yds in timber, so I don't need to make any adjustments in the field.
Muley Hunter is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.