Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Off Topic, but WOW! >

Off Topic, but WOW!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic, but WOW!

Old 10-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by oldsmellhound
Wow! That is one of the coolest nature videos I have ever seen. Do you know where this was filmed?
It was in Brazil.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Wow! That is one of the coolest nature videos I have ever seen. Do you know where this was filmed?
My first guess would be Kruger. Check out this vid Battle at Kruger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM
Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by freebirdfb
My first guess would be Kruger. Check out this vid Battle at Kruger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

It wasn't at Kruger, it was at Pantanal wetlands in Brazil.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I believe that is a jaguar instead of a leopard based on pure size of the animal and the coloration of the spots. Jaguars while some are in Arizona, are found in Mexico and Centeral America. And the reptile might be a caiman. So this might limit where this was taken. But it is still an excellent example of the power of the large cats.

In fact, when I watched a National Geographic Explorer special and they were talking about jaguar, I was surprised when they said that at one time they were common in the southwestern part of the United States. Of course these television shows where they discuss animals that USED to live in certain parts out the United States always makes me wonder why our ancestors felt the need to exterminate them.

I am sure they had a good reason for doing what they did. I'd sure be uncomfortable knowing something like that was in my woods.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the neat video. A jaguar can be bad news.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the Video on Face Book, I'm subscribed to "Chasing Trophy White Tails" it was filmed in Botswana.
(BP)
Old 10-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would guess somewhere in Africa. That cat looked like a Leopard.

BPS
Old 10-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

You guys are cracking me up. It was not in Africa, the cat was not a leopard. It was a Jaguar killing what is called a Caiman. A sure way to tell the difference between a leopard and jaguar is of course their rosettes (spots). The leopards are smaller and more tightly spaced. This took place in the Brazilian wetlands. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...brazil-attack/
Old 10-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chaded
You guys are cracking me up. It was not in Africa, the cat was not a leopard. It was a Jaguar killing what is called a Caiman. A sure way to tell the difference between a leopard and jaguar is of course their rosettes (spots). The leopards are smaller and more tightly spaced. This took place in the Brazilian wetlands. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...brazil-attack/
Well now...aren't you a regular Marlin Perkins!

BPS
Old 10-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Well now...aren't you a regular Marlin Perkins!

BPS

LOL. I had to look that guy up and sure enough way before my time. I just watched part of a video with him on youtube and couldn't stop laughing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.