Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New Knight .45 cal 1:20  ultra not so light >

New Knight .45 cal 1:20 ultra not so light

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Knight .45 cal 1:20 ultra not so light

Old 09-17-2013, 11:52 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Default New Knight .45 cal 1:20 ultra not so light

The best guns sometimes have to be pieced together because they aren't freely available on the market . It sure is nice though when it can be done rather easily.
So I'm putting together the perfect gun.
A .45 cal knight ultra not so light with a 1:20 twist
I picked up a knight extreme with the 1:20 . My understanding from several individuals is that it will drop right in the Kevlar stock of the ultra light. Add the bolt conversion and the Lehigh plug and I will have the ultimate gun with my favorite cal and twist. The hardest part of this whole decision is choosing between the green or tan stock of the ultra light . So I hope to soon have a Knight ultra not so light .45 cal fast twist sabot/conical shooting machine. Wonder how it will shoot compared to the .451 White???? The deer better watch out
Lets see, some Lehigh 230's or 260 Dead Centers or maybe some 460 Bullshops. I guess there are still some decisions left to figure out.

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 09-17-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Tan looks a lot better in person. I think you will like it.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sharpshooter

The fact is that you purchased a known good shooter and the changes you propose will just make it that much of a better rifle...

Here is one setting in the Ultra-Lite Kevlar stock at the farm. I know it is not a good picture - but I took the picture of my shooting range with the farmers darn equipment right in the middle of it... Can not believe Marty park the stuff this way...

Old 09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Grouse45
The Tan looks a lot better in person. I think you will like it.
Thanks . It's hard to tell from pics. I guess it's not a biggie either way . I just like the idea of the Kevlar stock and the bedding block . If all goes well a couple weeks and maybe I can post a pic of it . Depends on the stock mainly .

Old 09-17-2013, 12:29 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Sharpshooter

The fact is that you purchased a known good shooter and the changes you propose will just make it that much of a better rifle...

Here is one setting in the Ultra-Lite Kevlar stock at the farm. I know it is not a good picture - but I took the picture of my shooting range with the farmers darn equipment right in the middle of it... Can not believe Marty park the stuff this way...

Looks nice . Is that the 1:20 twist Disc??? If it is then it proves great minds think alike.

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 09-17-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter

Looks nice . Is that the 1:20 twist Disc??? If it is then it proves great minds think alike.
Yep! A Super DISC 1-20... and this is what happens when you shoot older sabots from it...

I shot 7 shots @ the Farm... 4 of the older White Power Stars and 3 of the new Red sabot. I was shooting 3 birds at 75 yards and did not touch one of them with the Powers Stars - could not even find the spent tan sabots. Then just to check myself I shot 3 of the new red sabots with a 230 Lehigh - dusted all three birds and found the red sabots on the ground about 10 - 12 feet in front of the muzzle. While picking up the reds I found the remains of the old Tan White Power Star sabot.

You can definitely see that the new formulation of polymer that MMP is using is better than the old version. I really think this was the downfall of the 1-20 in the first place was the sabots would not hold up to the torque created be a 1-20 twist when the bullet was shot at high Velocity...

Old 09-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Farmer? It looks like the desert.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Farmer? It looks like the desert.
Naw... about 400 acres of stubble - since the wheat is now gone... It makes a great shooting spot in the winter with snow on the ground...
Old 09-18-2013, 03:47 PM
1874sharpsshooter

I guess this project just went bust . I found out there won't be the UL Kevlar stock after all . Hmmmm plan B

Gun arrived , very nice SS Black synthetic stock. But since I can't get the Kevlar I guess I will turn it into a safe queen . It's unfired so I might as well keep it that way for now . Low serial number so I didn't have to check the twist . It's a 1:20 for sure . Always nice to have one of them laying around

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 09-20-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Add info

Old 06-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Almost 6 years have passed since this initial post but I now have a 45 cal 1:20 ultra light . Good things come to those who wait
real question is why did it take Knight so long before they actually put a 45 fast twist ultra light on the Market
some of us have known for a long time that it is the way to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.