Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New Knight .45 cal 1:20  ultra not so light >

New Knight .45 cal 1:20 ultra not so light

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Knight .45 cal 1:20 ultra not so light

Old 06-09-2019, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Almost 6 years have passed since this initial post but I now have a 45 cal 1:20 ultra light . Good things come to those who wait
real question is why did it take Knight so long before they actually put a 45 fast twist ultra light on the Market
some of us have known for a long time that it is the way to go
You knew what we needed my friend! It is neat to read Back Through stuff like this

As a dedicated Bullet Shooter The Fast Twist .45 Cal QUICKLY became my Favorite Caliber, within 6 months of my Start in Muzzleloaders I realized that .45 Cal is where it’s at, From Mice to Moose a .45 Will do it all and then some! The .45 is so much more Versatile than a .50, if I could legally hunt Elk with a .45 here in Idaho I HIGHLY Doubt i would own a .50 or .54 Cal, There’s Simply no need. The .45 Does Any, and EVERYTHING a .50 Can (From Bullet weights, to Velocity) And the .45 leaves the .50 in the Dust if you decide to go long Range, The .45 Caliber is where it’s at in Bullet Shooting Muzzleloader

Last edited by Idaholewis; 06-09-2019 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK - so the title of this thread took me a bit surprise! I was wondering what the heck scope did you put on to change a 6 lb rifle to a heavy rifle?!!!

But! the ULITE Kevlar stock will switch right over to you Super DISC barreled action - so you really con have the best of both worlds.

And here is the second one - same color but different stock

Old 06-09-2019, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK - so the title of this thread took me a bit surprise! I was wondering what the heck scope did you put on to change a 6 lb rifle to a heavy rifle?!!!

But! the ULITE Kevlar stock will switch right over to you Super DISC barreled action - so you really can have the best of both worlds.

And here is the second one - same color but different stock

Last edited by sabotloader; 06-09-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 54bore

You knew what we needed my friend! It is neat to read Back Through stuff like this

As a dedicated Bullet Shooter The Fast Twist .45 Cal QUICKLY became my Favorite Caliber, within 6 months of my Start in Muzzleloaders I realized that .45 Cal is where it’s at, From Mice to Moose a .45 Will do it all and then some! The .45 is so much more Versatile than a .50, if I could legally hunt Elk with a .45 here in Idaho I HIGHLY Doubt i would own a .50 or .54 Cal, There’s Simply no need. The .45 Does Any, and EVERYTHING a .50 Can (From Bullet weights, to Velocity) And the .45 leaves the .50 in the Dust if you decide to go long Range, The .45 Caliber is where it’s at in Bullet Shooting Muzzleloader
Lew, funny you should say that. When I first started looking at White ML's the Sales Rep and another forum member call Rattus both Highly recommended me to purchase the .451 over their 504 rifles for the same reason you stated the 45 is more than adequate to game up to Moose.

Last edited by edmehlig; 06-09-2019 at 01:17 PM.