Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

One excited girl

Old 09-08-2013, 08:01 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Default One excited girl

Another of my kids turned 10 .she is all excited since she will get to hunt for the first time this year. She got a Knight LittleHorn for her birthday . I plan on working with her this week and then her season begins this Saturday . A fat juicy doe is on the agenda. It should be a great time together . She will be shooting 70 gr triple 7 and a 250 gr bullet . I plan on getting her within 50 yards max range . I will post results when she is successful .

Old 09-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Best of luck to your daughter on her deer hunt. I am sure she will make you proud. Whether she gets one or not. Its great that your family has such a strong hunting tradition and pass this down through the children. Tell her best of luck. We all will be rooting for her.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Spike

I remember my first hunt with my son when he was 10. Most memorable hunt of my life. I'm sure yours will be too.

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son was 11 when he first got to hunt deer. We spent much range time shooting 70gr (ffg Goex) and a 250gr bullet. Before the actual hunt I took the rifle to the range and sighted it in with the same 250gr bullet, but upped the charge to 90gr.
He got his deer and he never noticed the heavier load.

Good luck to your daughter on her hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Spike

Location: Virginia, near the Rappahannock where fresh water turns salty

That load should be good to 1.25C +. Shoot them in the ribs and they will die quick. Lets allus know what happens. 10